Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Well ran District
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well ran District Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
I would like to thank all those who helped put on a great district tournament in Valentine. We have so many people willing to volunteer their time to put on a great show. Everything ran smoothly thanks to our administration, parents, past wrestlers, and wrestling fans. It is nice as a coach just to be able to coach and not worry about all the little things that go into putting on a tournament of this magnitude.
Rookie
Picture of Bieber2030
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The people in Syracuse ran a great tournament as well. They had a lot of good help that made things great for coaches and wrestlers. Nice Job.
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
I thought B-3 was ran well. No big issues, tournament ran smoothly. I also thought the refs did a great job there.

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
D-2 was a well-run district. Got out of there by 4 p.m.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Hus
Junior Varsity
Picture of Dru
The D-3 district in Amherst is always a well organized tournament. They do a great job keeping the crowd informed and the intensity level in the gym is amazing. The line up before finals has the wrestlers grouped in teams around the mat with the lights dimmed and a spotllight in the middle of the two mats where the wrestlers meet and shake hands. Hats off to them for another great year as a district host.
Rookie
Though the gym was cramped...b-1 ran smoothly and efficiently.
Rookie
A-1 refs were worthless. At one point in time during the HWT finals match the ref lost his composure and started screaming at the one of the coaches. Very unprofessional and many matches were put in the hands of the refs.
Rookie
The C-2 district in Battle Creek was well ran. They have a great facility and run things very smoothly. One of the nicest facilities in class C. However, the officiating was quite possibly the worst I have ever seen in my life.

"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable
Rookie
AGREE huskersox86.....those officials were aweful!! If they liked a team or the kid, everything went in their favor, regardless of it is was the right call or not. We could have all taken turns from the stands and officiated better than they did that is for sure!
Rookie
Who were the refs at A-1 & C-2?
Rookie
The C-2 refs were Scott Jacobsen, Doug Hoops, Mike Lenihan, and Tommy Collingham JR.

"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable
Rookie
Price was at A-1.
Novice
Picture of starwrestler
C4 ran extremely well, but most panhandle schools facilities way too small to handle 17 teams.
Rookie
The Districts at Syracuse were not run that well. They ran out of District shirts for sale on day one. I have never witnessed the refs interjecting themselves in so many matches in my life. I felt it could have been run better.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
1. Officials are not the responsibility of the hosts, they are assigned.

2. If you use Cricket as the T-shirt provider you are given a set number of shirts based on past sales. We ended up with 4 left at our district, but ran out of small, medium and large day 1 as well. I understand some people want a shirt, but as a host or company you do not want a bunch left over.
Rookie
quote:
The Districts at Syracuse were not run that well. They ran out of District shirts for sale on day one. I have never witnessed the refs interjecting themselves in so many matches in my life. I felt it could have been run better.

So many armchair quaterbacks Smile
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by huskersox86:
The C-2 district in Battle Creek was well ran. They have a great facility and run things very smoothly. One of the nicest facilities in class C. However, the officiating was quite possibly the worst I have ever seen in my life.

AMEN hushersox86!! The NSAA should send an apology letter the wrestling parents and fans for sending that TERRIBLE crew to a District tournament. They were terrible, and i think the bald ref even thought he was pretty good!! The kids deserve better.
Rookie
Just curious why Duane Choutka was sitting on the unused mat during the finals at Battle Creek. I also noticed that the officials consulted with him a couple of times during the meet. Was he the head official? I guess I just have never seen this before.
Rookie
A-2 seemed to be run pretty well from my perspective. I believe we were the 1st ones done cause the results were up on NSAA site before anyone else

This message has been edited. Last edited by: out2win,
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by ivyleague:
Just curious why Duane Choutka was sitting on the unused mat during the finals at Battle Creek. I also noticed that the officials consulted with him a couple of times during the meet. Was he the head official? I guess I just have never seen this before.

He wasn't head official, he's an Official Evaluator for the NSAA,so he must have been there rating the individual performance of each of the guys in the crew. The NSAA reviews the reports after they are sent in to rate officials each year, but I don't think everyone gets looked at each season.