Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    B-3 results
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
B-3 results Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
B3 at YORK
Team Scoring-Qualifiers: Aurora 192.5-9. Grand Island Northwest 144-6. York 139.5-7. Boone Central 115-7. Adams Central 111-5. O'Neill 101.5-5. Holdrege 101-4. Broken Bow 85-5. Columbus Lakeview 80-3. Hastings 69-3. South Central 32-1. Pierce 27.5-1.
Individuals
103-- 1. Stewart Bohrer, Columbus Lakeview, def. Wyatt Smith, Broken Bow, 13-7; 3. Jess Fernau, O'Neill, def. Nicholas Helmer, Grand Island Northwest, 9-1.

112-- 1. Christian Huaracha, Grand Island Northwest, def. Ben Jones, Adams Central, 6-4; 3. Nicholas Mosher, Broken Bow, def. Joshua Sabata, Aurora, 10-4.

119-- 1. Holden Barry, Adams Central, def. Samuel Gnagy, Hastings, 10-2; 3. Will Smith, Broken Bow, def. Oscar Spader, York, 5-3.

125-- 1. Ryan Bartley, Aurora, def. Ryan Fajman, Boone Central, 11-0; 3. Nick Lonowski, Adams Central, def. Micah Pomplun, Broken Bow, 12-5.

130-- 1. Joshua Pfeifer, Holdrege, def. Cheney Holmes, Aurora, 3-1; 3. Tye Nolan, Boone Central, def. Cody Gartner, O'Neill, 7-6.

135-- 1. Nate High, Aurora, pinned Matt Stephens, York, 1:33; 3. Jay Fegter, Holdrege, def. David Gonzalez-Cartaya, Hastings, 5-2.

140-- 1. Marcus Johnson, South Central, def. Brody Mayberry, Aurora, 10-6; 3. Tyson Martin, Boone Central, def. Trevor Bellows, York, 4-0.

145-- 1. Justin Vonasek, Holdrege, def. Justin Keys, Boone Central, 3-0; 3. Jeremy Sabata, Aurora, def. Levi Baberr, Pierce, 17-2.

152-- 1. Ryan Dorcey, York, def. Daniel Lindgren, Boone Central, 3-0; 3. Zac Woodside, Holdrege, won by default over Derek Rossen, Hastings.

160-- 1. Lucas Watson, O'Neill, def. Steven Wiemer, York, 6-4; 3. Cody Diehl, Grand Island Northwest, pinned Alex Reinhart, Boone Central, 1:47.

171-- 1. Brett Mills, Grand Island Northwest, won by forfeit over Braxton Staack, Columbus Lakeview; 3. Bradley Christo, Boone Central, pinned Troy Gulbrandson, York, 3:43.

189-- 1. Brett Meinzer, York, def. Drew Weedin, Aurora, 11-10; 3. Dana Haines, Grand Island Northwest, pinned Jarid Crawford, Broken Bow, 4:17.

215-- 1. Hadley Cooksley, Grand Island Northwest, def. Ted Soukup, O'Neill, 9-8; 3. Andrew Eberhardt, Adams Central, pinned Dex Schweiger, Aurora, 2:29.

275-- 1. Sky Nickolite, Columbus Lakeview, won by forfeit over Eric Beckman, Aurora; 3. Shane Isom, O'Neill, pinned Jeremy Kort, Adams Central, 4:38.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I wasnt too impressed with the officials!
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
152-- 1. Ryan Dorcey, York, def. Daniel Lindgren, Boone Central, 3-0; 3. Zac Woodside, Holdrege, won by default over Derek Rossen, Hastings.

Tough Bracket!

Any more details? Huskermat had Seger winning this... what happened to him... Greenough of Aurora, Hermansen of GINW?

Dorcey's been on fire lately, definately peaking at the right time.
Rookie
Picture of ibwrestling
congrats to all who made state. good job and good luck to alex reinhart of boone central.
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
Seger was beat by Woodside in the heartbreak round 6-3. Hermanson was beat by Greenough earlier in the wrestle backs. Greenough was beat by Rossen in the Heartbreak round.
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
152 was a lethal bracket. All of the kids in this bracket wrestled well and on another day you could have 4 completely different qualifiers!

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Novice
what happened with beckman at heavyweight? He was walking around and all and i saw him go into the locker room. Did he just not want to risk getting hurt for next week?
Novice
the reffing was horrible. the hastings 189 got slammed on his head with no slam call, then in the 152 3rd place match, rossen from hastings got called for a slam and got 4th, but he didnt slam the guy. at 215 the york kid was on his back for 10+ seconds, not just shoulder off the mat but the shoulders were flat, again no pin.
Rookie
Both slams were questionable, I think woodside should have wrestled, it was not that bad and the Hastings kids slam was also questionable. this is a judgement call that happens in a split second. If I remember right it was the same official.

Another thing that you need to realize, sometimes your favorite wrestlers loose, do not blame it all on the official.
Novice
i'm not blaming the 189 class, but the 152 kid had his arms locked on rossen's body, and i think he probably lost his balance, and he didn't even really land on his back or even his shoulders for that matter. maybe lower back. then when the trainer grabbed him by the arms and pulled him up he didnt wince in pain or anything. i guess we'll see if he comes back in top shape next week.
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
Hey Merle, you want to pay for the Dr. bill on Woodside? Do not run your mouth about anything you do not know about. Go ask the trainer who attended to him. Let me guess, you are from Hastings.
Rookie
Who is Dr. Bill???? Do you mean Dr. Phil? I read his book, and its crap.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of LCmatgurl
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
i think he meant the doctor bill..like how much it's going to cost for this kid to go to the doctor...

One Team, Can't Be Beat, Won't Be Beat. 2/21/09
Rookie
I thought 2 of the 4 officials were fair. Does anyone know how Cheney Holmes is? I heard that he left via the ambulance?
Rookie
From what i saw the 52 really wasnt a hard slam like the 89. the 89 was pretty bad, they should have done something about that. On the 52 match the ref should have said something when they were in the air because the woodside kid locked his arms and what was the hastings kid supposed to do about that.
Rookie
I don't know what weight class it was, but one takedown slam was so hard that I actually HEARD it. (And I wasn't even watching the match).

I am by far, no expert. But I am smart enough to know when a ref gives the points to the wrong boy, and I saw that happen to two different kids on the first night of districts.

I just think it is disheartening for the boys to work so hard and be robbed by an official. It is too bad that there isn't some way to challenge them. Heck, there are plenty of parents that tape the matches, and it is easy to see things like giving the points to the wrong kid.
Novice
yea, that is pretty bad, work so hard then have your season done, Cheney Holmes was the person leaving in the ambulance? what happened to him? that's also too bad, in the shadow of getting his 100th win. yea the kid did lock his arms around him, so i think he should pay for his own doctor bill, let me guess, you're from holdrege?
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
Yes, I am from Holdrege, my whole point is that the ref should have called a dangerous move, I was not saying anything about the wrestling itself
Rookie
He did, that is how woodside won that match.
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
He did, that is how woodside won that match.

What was the score of the match before it was stopped?