Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    why testing sucks

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
why testing sucks Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
my son was tested during cross country at 119 pounds and 9 % . the person testing said 7% would be 114. he just got retested at 109 and was at 8% by the same assesor. this is screwy . the tester is trained and very well Qualified this system is flawed.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
What was the testing method? My son was tested on a Tanita scale. Trial run test he was 106 and had 7.7%. Final one he was 103 and had 3.6%. From what I understand the Tanita scale can vary by 2 degrees. Seems like quite a bit when your dealing with the lower weight guys with low body fat %s already.
Rookie
test was a skin test. we have as lower priced scale and hand held meter that had him at 5% at 110 because neither would read out at 109. we used the meter on the team earlier in the week and it was pretty close on the rest of the kids. he was under for 112 and can't go three any way so it really didn't hurt one way or the other.

so everyone is not using the same testing style? am i right?

if this is true, then it is flawed, every test should be done the same way. either by handhelds, the scale, ect.

so if you use a handheld and it shows you at 7.0% and the tanita scale shows you at 8.2% which is correct?

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."