Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Class D Medal Breakdown

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Class D Medal Breakdown Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Total Medals
D1 16
D2 29
D3 21
D4 18
Champions
D1 2
D2 9
D3 3
D4 0
Runner-up
D1 3
D2 6
D3 3
D4 2
3rd
D1 3
D2 6
D3 3
D4 3
4th
D1 6
D2 4
D3 0
D4 3
5th
D1 2
D2 1
D3 7
D4 4
6th
D1 0
D2 3
D3 5
D4 6
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Look at the 112 weight class. District placing was the same as state for 1-4. Makes you wonder who didn't get to go.

Also I watched the Pender 103 pounder wrestle his teammate for 1st place @ the Wisner Invite. He had to make a comeback in the 3rd to win the match by 1 or 2 points. Pender may have had the #1 and #2 103 pounders in the state.
Rookie
Class D Team Champion--AMHERST... All 4 team champions came from central Nebraska...time to acknowledge where the power lies..don't you think??
Rookie
I agree, bigred, Pender posibly has the 2 best at 103. Those two went to overtime at the Elgin tournament. I think at that time the jv kid beat the top rated kid in state in the semis. Too bad he had to miss the experience of wrestling the state tourney as a freshman. I certainly hope he gets his chance in the next few years, it would be a shame if he is jv again.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by matjam:
Class D Team Champion--AMHERST... All 4 team champions came from central Nebraska...time to acknowledge where the power lies..don't you think??

First, Congratulations to Amherst on their 2nd title in a row. Coach Herman is a great coach and this post is not meant to disrespect anyone.

However, not so sure if Amherst would have won state had they been in the D-2 district. Teams 2nd-4th all came from the D-2 district. This was the toughest D district hands down.

Easier district = higher placers and easier first round draws. This leads to more bonus points and more wins in the first rounds that don't come when kids are sneaking through a tougher district with 3rds and 4ths.
Rookie
In the same spirit as the spread on Class B, here's the breakdown for the Olympic medals for an Olympic sport.

D1 - 8
D2 - 21
D3 - 9
D4 - 5

D2 is barely edged out by all of the other districts combined.
And 9 of the top 20 teams in the state came out of D2.

Don't take this the wrong way, hats off to Amherst on an awesome showing.
Rookie
If Amherst and Pender traded district it might changed tte results at state. but easy tough disticts have allways played a roll Rushville brougt the whole team every year most dis champs in late 80s early 90s it was Mullen with the big team bus .
Rookie
Other things to consider:

Amherst had 3 district champs lose their first round match, and one wrestler beat out that was probably expected to be in the finals, or at least top 4.

Coupled with the fact that a ton of kids from district D-3 got sick the week of state, I thought the district and teams represented themselves well.