Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Clay Konicek

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Clay Konicek Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Sad news for Clay. After his district semi's match he complained of some knee pain. He went on to wrestle in the finals and complained of even more knee pain after. We iced it and hoped it was just a strain. The pain didn't go away Sunday so he got a apointment to see the Doctor Monday. They gave him a MRI test which revealed two minor tears in his meniscus. They braced him up and told him right now it would be a 6 week recover time if he did the surgery now. If he wrestles and takes the risk of tearing it completely, he could be out till next season and the knee may never recover completly. With Clay just being a jr he has chosen to forgo his jr season at State. He is going to do the surgery now and recover to be able to wrestle this summer and be 100% for his sr year. Clay has had a very emotional week and his having a tough time with not being able to wrestle. We all in West Point have Clay in our thoughts and prayers and wish him the best for a full recovery.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Very sorry to hear that. His friends at O-C are thinking of him. I respect your decision very much. It must've been very tough but I agree it's the best thing for him and his career. He's a great kid, a tough competitor and will no doubt be a force next year.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Good Luck on a speedy and complete recovery!

Rick Henry

It is situations like these that build the character in our athletes. I realize other sports do similar things but in the grand scheme of things I feel the life lessons taught in wrestling are far greater than those in other sports. Remember, that is just one man's humble opinion.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
NCAA Champion
Get that 6 to 8 weeks recover time over and then look me up. You can still get some training in the late part of the off-season. Come to Midland and we can get you some work outs.

No one will touch you next year.

Fred Franklin
Rookie
well said Red Rocker,
I too am hoping for a speedy recovery for Clay
Rookie
Sorry to that. Wishing him well from Scribner-Snyder/Central Catholic.