Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Andy Pokorny to sign letter of intent to UNL

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Andy Pokorny to sign letter of intent to UNL Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
Article in the sports section of the World Herald today. Andy apparently met with Mark Manning while at the Olympic Training Center; and agreed to sign a letter of intent to wrestle for Nebraska.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
here is link

Bennington wrestling champ commits to NU

Big 12 Wrestling

Andy Pokorny, a senior this fall at Bennington High School, has promised to sign a letter of intent to wrestle at Nebraska beginning in 2007-08.

The Class C 112-pound champion at last year's Nebraska state meet has won 73 straight high school matches and was undefeated as a junior. It was his second consecutive state title.

Pokorny accepted NU coach Mark Manning's offer in July while both were at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., for the 2012 Junior Olympic Training Camp. Pokorny also was considering Iowa State as well as the University of Nebraska at Omaha, the three-time defending national Division II champion. He will wrestle at 119 or 125 pounds his senior season at Bennington.

"All my life, I've really wanted to be a Husker, and early on I took a visit to Nebraska," Pokorny said. "With their combination of academics and athletics, it was the right choice for me, and I don't think I could find a better practice partner than Paul Donahoe."

Donahoe, a sophomore from Davison, Mich., wrestles at 125 at Nebraska and went 2-2 in his first trip to the NCAA championships last winter.
<shrug>
posted   Report This Post  
Congratulations Andy and Badger. Best wishes for you in the future! Smile
Rookie
Picture of bayard112
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Good deal!