Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Slap in the face to UNO Wrestling

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Slap in the face to UNO Wrestling Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone else think it is a slap in the face to UNO wrestling that they auction a UNO Wrestling autographed photo and other wrestling gear at their "Night with the Mavs" fundraiser.
Mav Fundraiser
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Another case where the Herald spins this story the positive. I like the quote "its time to heal and move on" what a load of bull.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
This is another example of how dishonest and disrespectful Christensen and Alberts are. This is the equivalent of selling off someone’s possessions at their funeral. They have absolutely no class. At least there were only 400 people there. I would like to see how much money the “broke athletic department” spent on advertising for this event. It was on the TV and Radio all of the time.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Terry Pettit needs to shut the hell up. What's he doing involved in this anyways? He's not even affiliated with UNO.

I'm sure this hypocrite wouldn't be telling everyone to huddle up if it were his previous volleyball sport that just got the axe.
Rookie
Picture of outstatefan
Someone asked me yesterday what would become of the trophies, banners, AA plaques, etc in Coach's room - I guess that we can see further evidence of what these guys are capable of. With all due respect to RR and the rest of the Huskermat family; the hottest auction item will no doubt be the picture of Trev with the Goat!
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Here is his response. I am willing to bet he was not as near as amicable as he states.

Mark

I don't know if you were at the program last night or not. If you were then you know the context I was speaking in and that I encouraged the audience to huddle up for the wrestling and football teams as well. The volleyball program I started at Louisburg College was dropped the year after I left the school for Nebraska. I was deeply disapointed and wondered if I had done enough. It did not however keep me from supporting a school that had given me my first opportunity to teach and coach.
quote:
Originally posted by HB:
Terry Pettit needs to shut the hell up. What's he doing involved in this anyways? He's not even affiliated with UNO.

I'm sure this hypocrite wouldn't be telling everyone to huddle up if it were his previous volleyball sport that just got the axe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BLASCHKO,
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by outstatefan:
Someone asked me yesterday what would become of the trophies, banners, AA plaques, etc in Coach's room - I guess that we can see further evidence of what these guys are capable of. With all due respect to RR and the rest of the Huskermat family; the hottest auction item will no doubt be the picture of Trev with the Goat!
The banners and most of the other items are going with Coach and the team to the new location. The team has the rest of the semester in the room plus the team celebration April15 th. This will close the room out and everyone will know a lot more by then.

"Winners find a way to win and Losers find a way to lose."
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
With due respect to Petit -- the situtation at UNO was NOT the same as his situation.

Petit had left the college before the program closed. Petit did not have the rug pulled out from under him -- Mike Denney and UNO wrestling did.

Petit looked back from afar on a program that closed that he used to be the coach of. That is not the same situation. He has NOT gone through it.