Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Midwest coaches information group.

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Midwest coaches information group. Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Coaches,

My name is Andrew Dixon. I am currently creating a coaches infomation group in Missouri. I wanted to extend an invitation to any coach in Nebraska that would like to join the group. The group will help pass information about varsity and junior varsity tournament openings, duals openings, camps, clinics, summer and pre-season tournaments. The information is free. I would like to have as many coaches in Nebraska as possible. This group could be a great way to promote any openings you may have or find out where the openings are if you need a tournament or dual. The more Nebraska coaches I have in the group then I can centralize the dual openings to the state.

Communication seems to be a difficult concept within the wrestling world. I want to create a way to fix the problem.

Remember this information is free and will be submitted to every coach on the list.

If you wish to join or have more questions please email me at cbfrommo@yahoo.com, and I will send more info about myself and the group.

Thank you

Andrew Dixon
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Here is the passage that I am sending to coaches.

Coach,

Please read this email and tell me if this is something you would like to do. I am going to start sending out information about varsity/junior varsity /junior high wrestling tournaments and dual openings, pre-season / summer tournaments, camps and clinics from around the entire state and surrounding states. I will be sending this information in a mass email form, so every coach in the state will see this information. I just wanted to know if you would like to start receiving emails or send me information to pass out in the future. This group is Missouri based as of now, but I want to create a list that will involve the entire Midwest.

Remember this information is free and helpful.

I do this because I love the sport, and spreading the word seems to be a difficult concept within the wrestling world. I want to change that situation. If you want to pass information out please send input to me about your request. I am working to get every coach in the state on board. I am just trying to help pass the along information. I am not keeping your email addresses on my yahoo contacts. I want to try and keep the hackers away from your addresses. Please do not let that discourage you. If you have different email address that you check more frequently and want to send the information to that address please feel free to tell me. I will “NEVER” under any circumstance give out your email address to anyone accept another coach that may ask for it. I will send flyers for professional camps that will be in the area or smaller camps/clinics at high schools during the summer, and especially information about duals and tournaments in the area that have openings. Area means entire state and surrounding states. I will be sending info on tournaments from other states and sending your information out of state “if you wish.” The out of state material will be mainly varsity and summer tournaments.

I want to give you a little information about myself. I am originally from Butler, MO. I graduated in 1993, and then I joined the U.S. Navy Seabees in 1995. I have been active duty ever since. I will retire from naval service in 2015. I have deployed to Iraq twice and soon I will be making a trip to Afghanistan. I am currently attending college because I want to coach wrestling in some aspect when I retire, so until that time comes this coaches group is how I want contribute to our great sport. I currently live in Pensacola, FL. Please do not let that discourage you. If you have a cell phone, internet, and will power you can accomplish many things.

I have spent many hours in front of a computer screen helping coaches find teams for their host tournament or helping a coach find a tournament or a dual. I think I have been pretty successful so far. I just want to streamline the process. I will still work one on one with any coach that wishes to do so.

Please let me know if you wish to participate. Once again there is no profit involved. This is just a simple relay of information.

Thank you.

Andrew Dixon
cbfrommo@yahoo.com
Cell: (660) 679-8049 call anytime.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Coaches update

Missouri: 89
Arkansas: 2
Georgia: 2
Illinois: 2
Kansas: 4
Louisiana: 1
Nebraska: 2
Oklahoma: 2
Tennessee: 1
Texas: 1
Wisconsin: 1

Three AWN nationally ranked teams in the group.

Remember this is a free service. This just a simple relay of information on tournament and dual openings, plus camps, clinics, summer / pre-season tournaments. If you have an opening please join the group and post your tournament, or join to receive emails about wrestling information in the Midwest.

If you have any questions please email me or call me.

Andrew Dixon
(660) 679-8049
cbfrommo@yahoo.com