Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Stories lines for this year?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Stories lines for this year? Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
With the wrestling season right around the corner; what stories are people watching?

In class A; I know Millard South had quite a few senior starters last year, so may have a relatively down year ... perhaps "rebuilding".

What of Kearney, Creighton Prep, Lincoln East?

From a previous discussion; there may be a story line this year with Drew Etherton of LE and Tyler Sackett of Skutt ... both likely to break the career wins record of 155 (held by Aaron Denson).

Tyler Sackett probably a lock to become a 4 time state champion.

I can't imagine there is any serious challenge to Skutt; so probably no real story in class B ... as far as the state title team.

Who are the impressive incoming freshman? Where are they going?

Any great matchups people are looking forward to? RaVaughn Perkins and Alex Bridgeford is normally a very entertaining match.

Any good stories from the UNO league this summer? Did anyone stand out?

Who is represening NE at the Clash? I think Skutt is not going this year.

Anyone who went to Fargo and do well, and is still in HS? I think Alex Bridgeford for sure.

Of the elite seniors from last year; where did they end up going to college? I know Andy Pokorny going to UNL; and I think Esai Dominguez to UNO. What about Trenton Washington and DeVaughn Perkins? Andy Totusek is going to Old Dominion. Others?

Is Victor Wiedeman wrestling in college? (I know he was from 2 years ago.)

Will Matt Vacanti start for the Huskers? Lots of former Nebraska HS wrestlers on that team. Chris Oliver, Brandon Brown, Cameron Brown, Andy Pokorny, Levi Wofford, Craig Brester. (Likely I am missing some)

Anyway, just some random thoughts.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I would like to see a Bridgeford/Sackett match if they end up in the same weight class this year. Is Burke and Skutt both at the Boystown tourny this year?
Junior High
I know Prep is penciled in to attend the Clash this year. I think they are the only NE team attending this year.
Junior High
Do Burke and Skutt ever meet?
Junior Varsity
There is no such thing as a for sure 4X champ. Sackett had better be training harder for this won than he has the previous 3 very few peopel get the chance to end up with four straight. Sackett will probably be at 130 I am guessing what weight will Bridgeford be at?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scrambler,
Rookie
I think Bridgeford is in class a and Sackett is in class b so it won't decide a state title but I think if those two wrestled it would be a heck of a match!
Junior Varsity
Has Sackett/Bridgeford ever wrestled each other?
State Qualifier
I read Vacanti is out for the season with a knee injury.
State Champion
Picture of deano
quote:
Thee is no such thing as a for sure 4X champ.

just ask my cousin Brandon Brill, got to cocky and cost him a chance at history.
Rookie
Deano,
Wow I'd love to be in your family. Apparently you aren't very close to Brandon. He is like my brother, and for you to call him cocky, shame on you. He was the farthest thing from cocky when it came to his state titles. He did not ever come close to saying that it was his for the taking. He worked harder than any wrestler I know, he was very dedicated. Brandon did not lose his senior year because he was cocky. He got beat. It happens to the best of the best. By the way where are your trophy's of greatness? I cannot even believe you call your self family to this man. It's funny to image you could even be... because he obviously has way more class than you do... getting on here and calling him cocky.. How dare you!

shorty
Rookie
P.S AT LEAST HE HAS SOMETHING TO HOLD HIS HEAD HIGH ABOUT... NOT MANY PEOPLE GET 1 STATE TITLE LET ALONE 3. YOU MUST BE JEALOUS OR SOMETHING?!?!Mad

shorty
State Champion
Picture of deano
I am very close to Brandon, I wasn't downgrading him in anyway, if u r like his brother then if u asked him if he took his last kid lightly he would honestly answer yes. He told me while I was coaching at Rushville his senior year that " I think I will tech my kid in the finals and go out in style." I told him that would be sweet not ever thinking that he would lose. That was the hardest finals I have ever witnessed, my team going 0-5 and brandon losing. I shed some tears that day so before you go on a rant get ur facts straight. I have nothing to be jealous of. Was I as good of a hs wrestler as brandon absolutely not, he has three to my one. In college we were about the same so once again calm yourself. I love brandon and only want the best for him and he learned a valuable lesson that day! peace
Rookie
Deano,
It will take me a minute to calm down after a comment like that rather or not you meant to downgrade Brandon, I think you should ask him if he likes the word cocky. I know for a fact, that he hates that word and would not appreciate being called such. He was one of the most humble wrestlers I know. I still don't believe that he every said he would tech Greise they had close matches earlier in the year, but Brandon would never guess the out come of such an important match. Brandon knows just as well as anyone that any given match is unpredictable. I might believe that Brandon would say that I HOPE i tech my kid in the finals,because every wrestler wants to believe that they will come out on top, but never that I WILL tech him. I see Brandon quite often and may just have to ask him for myself. What lesson is there to be learned by losing your last chanced at a state title? I think Brandon was the one teaching us all a lesson by handling the lose with such class. That is not a cocky wrestler. A cocky wrestler has no class.
FYI- I more like SISTER to Brandon, just not by blood.

shorty
Junior Varsity
Let it go
State Champion
Picture of deano
I will let it go after this and then not comment anymore. Cocky was probably the wrong word, more along the lines of taking someone lightly. I agree he isn't cocky, showed nothing but class in his career and life. So I chose the wrong word and if bran has a problem w/ that he can call me and chew into my backside. Sorry I figured u were a dude not a dudette, so my bad on that one.

Peace
Josh Dean