Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Huskerland Login/Join

<pin time>
posted   Report This Post  
huskerland was not designed to form better wrestlers. It was set up to make money. If they wanted wrestling to improve they wouldn't have two 8 man brackets at the same weight class. Everyone would weigh in at the tourny, like is done in high school. If you stop and think I'm sure there are some other things set up for making money not wrestlers.

Now some of these things they have done was for the parents so they didn't have to spend a full weekend at a event. So maybe we should say fastfood parents.
Novice
Picture of Big D
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Huskerland is a good organization from the people that I have come into contact with and has been good for the club that I help coach, having 21 JH wrestlers out this year, most of which wrestled in Huskerland sanctioned events growing up. Though only 1 of those JH wrestlers attended Huskerland state this year because of the late tournament date. Most of the people involved in Huskerland have a genuine interest in promoting wrestling in the state of NE for our youth, in a forum that tries to reward all participating. It may not necessarily be making 'better' wrestlers at Huskerland state, but does promote club participation which helps promote youth wrestling which is fed to the HS ranks at some point(hopefully). There's definitely a need to keep current and competetive with the rest of the country, which is where there may need to be some change in direction and functionality by Huskerland. There's no doubt that it is making money, but it's non-profit and the money goes back to the kids in the end, less anyone knows differently? I do believe that making monetary decisions for the sake of making more, needs to be weighed against what you are receiving, ie., AAU vs. USA, earlier Huskerland tournament vs. arena availability, etc. In the end, the Huskerland clubs directors/leaders have to let the organization know what it wants and expects from them or it will continue to function the same(Huskerland tourney #'s declining from past). If the 'fast food wrestling' promotes or keeps wrestlers and their parents involved(especially in today's economic times) then it can't be all bad, though it doesn't promote the ideal progression of better wrestling in the state. I will continue to help coach the local club with or without Huskerland, because I owe the sport and my coaches what was given to me.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Hi All,

Sounds like there are some uninformed critics out there! Any of those critics who have questions or concerns about Huskerland, the goals of Huskerland, the finances of Huskerland or even the mission of Huskerland, I want to personally invite you to our summer board meeting when we get it scheduled. At that time, you could certainly view our open books and ask any questions you might have. There is nothing hidden in this organization. If you are interested please email Jason Cullison: jcullison@esu4.org for more information. Jason is our board member in charge of questions and comments.

Thanks to all those who support Huskerland! Our organization is dedicated to the promotion of wrestling throughout Nebraska!
Novice
Picture of Big D
Chances 'R' again?
<pin time>
posted   Report This Post  
Uninformed Ha, You wish, but look I'm not trying to end careers. I just want to help some folks understand some of the reasons wrestling in Nebraska is were it is thats all.

How many other states will the huskerland card do anything for you?

If you have a huskerland/USA card and you jump the boarder to wrestle a USA tourney in Iowa do you still have to pay the difference for a USA card?

Look every other state has USA or AAU or both. I'm wondering why everyone has been sold on the extra cost?

They have some good things, but I know to much bad to ever be sold.

So thanks for the envite to the meeting but their actions have been speaking loud enough for a long time.