Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Whatever happened to Bryan Snyder?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Whatever happened to Bryan Snyder? Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
Four time all american wrestler from Nebraska, who should have been a two-time national champion.

I know he was an assistant coach at Nebraska, and before that at Harvard (from what I read).

I assumed he would have gravitated to Olympic wrestling, but it didn't happen. Just curious if anyone knows what he is doing these days?

He is still my idea of the prototype wrestler, the most fun wrestler I have ever watched. Attack and don't stop. Had to love how he wrestled.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I ran into Snyder at Nationals Last Year...at the NCAAs with his high school coach. He is out in Colorado...Fort Collins I think.
Junior Varsity
Not sure where he is at but he looked about 20 lbs smaller than what he wrestled at what is up with that?
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I remember seeing him wrestle at the big UNO tournament. Just amazing to see someone with that kind of speed on takedown shots. Just assumed he would keep wrestling for a long time.

Does anyone know why he didn't keep wrestling after college? Or did he -- and I just didn't know? Did he not have success at the national scene in freestyle or greco?
Junior High
I'm pretty sure he coached at Harvard after finishing up at UNL, not sure if he went there to coach/get his post grad school done or what. Man, I tell you he's a perfect case of getting screwed by the old OT rules. He was a couple coinflips away from being what a 2x NC?
State Qualifier
One of my all-time favorite Nebraska wrestlers. 2X runner up losing twice in OT.
Rookie
Picture of NEWA
Bryan is living in Boulder Co. He is a teaching at CU. I believe he has his doc. is phyicalolgy.
excuse my spelling.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Found him here...scroll down to 2007:
http://sobek.colorado.edu/SOC/Graduate/students.html

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray