Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    A Plea for help!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
A Plea for help! Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
As you know, RJ Nebe is battling leukemia. For those of you who may not know him, RJ was a national champion at UNO and held their all time win record until recently passed by Les Sigman. He coached at Skutt High School for many years and is the "color man" on most UNO, Nebraska and high school wrestling broadcasts. I would like to challenge everyone on this website to donate $5 to his fund. This is less than what we pay for PARKING at the state tournament but it would help him and his family tremendously! Don't put it off, just drop a check in the mail to either Randy Rucker:
Home State Bank
c/o RJ Nebe
218 Main Street
P.O. Box 429
Louisville, NE 68037
or
Ron Higdon
15818 Timberlane Drive
Omaha, NE 68136

This may seem like an inconsequential amount to us, but if EVERYONE donates it will add up. It doesn't matter if you are in grade school, high school, college or an adult, we can all afford this! If you would like to donate more, that would be great. If some clubs could donate $50 - $100, that would be awesome. The main thing is for everyone that has ever been on this board to show their wrestling spirit and send in $5. We won't miss it, but it will sure add up. I would encourage everyone to put "Huskermat" in the memo section of your check, and we will keep track of how much our little community donated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
To whom do we make the checks payable? And the heck with five dollars- make it fifty!

World Champion
Picture of HB
Guys, even with insurance there will still be plenty of medical expenses incurred-there are 5,000 kids who wrestle in this state and each of those kids has grandparents and relatives and the like that can all help out. Do what you can and help RJ and his family out!
Junior Varsity
This is the time that we can pull together as a wrestling family and help out a person that gives so much to our great sport.
Junior High
Will you be posting this on other websites? The more people who read this, the better IMO.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm going to send an email out to all the subscribers on Huskermat, since many don't visit the site as much during the offseason.
Rookie
Thank you to everyone for your input! You can make the checks payable to the Nebe Fund. I think it would really be neat if you could put Huskermat in the memo section so we can see just how close knit and powerful our web family is! Don't forget the luncheon and silent auction on Saturday, March 24th! 11:00 at Anthony's Steakhouse.
Rookie
bump
Sorry, but we've got to keep this alive!
Novice
You don't need to be sorry Huggins. Keep it going with no apologies necessary. My check is in the mail. It's more than 5 bucks, but not as much as I'd like to contribute. I'm probably going to be a little strapped myself next month, but that's my fault. I've been watching too much wrestling the last month and not working enough, a curse and a blessing of being self-employed. I've always felt that the Nebraska wrestling community is more than just a bunch of fans, they are a unique family. The only other group of athletes/fans that I am personally aware of with a similar family comaradarie are bull riders. The'll use your toothbrush, steel your girlfriend, stick you with the lunch tab or gas bill, but they will never (ever) touch your bull rope unless it's to help you in the chute. And they will give you good advise on how to beat them while the're pulling your rope too. And for 8 seconds, they will cheer for you like only your mother can. Then they will climb in your car and freeload to the next rodeo, unless they won and you lost, then they will probably pay your entry fees. But hey, ain't that what family is all about.
So keep this post going. Nebe needs the help. Maybe you or I will too, someday down the road.
Put up a good fight Nebe. Our prayers and best wishes are with you.
A wrestlin' fan.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
RJ and his family need our support now more than ever, especially with the news that his condition has worsened today.

Please keep them in your prayers...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
John,

Please forgive me this post, but it should be said. RJ's family still needs our help, maybe more than ever in their time of loss. There are still bills to be paid or perhaps a memorial fund to establish. So in case the question comes up, my humble donation to this fund should be used as RJ's family chooses. I only wish I could have done more. I'm sure all members of his wrestling family agree.
With deepest sympathy to RJ's family, sincerely yours, a fan.
Rookie
I am very happy to say that our fund raising luncheon and silent auction brought in more than I thought possible! Everyone that new Robert John has been very thoughtful. Tiburon golf course has donated their course to us on April 13th. We are asking for $300 per foursome which includes golf,cart,lunch, and prizes. I'm sure this tourney will fill up fast so please get your foursomes into Tiburon as soon as possible. Since Tiburon is donating everything, all checks must be made out to the Nebe Fund and not the course. Thank you for all your help!
Rookie
Mr. Huggins,
What is the format for the tourney? Is there in fact a tourney as opposed to tee times? I thought the original plan was to block off the course (all three nines) for the day. Has that changed?
Rookie
Tiburon donated the course for a scramble golf tourney. Shot gun start at 12:30. 54 teams on all three nines. With this type of tournament, everyone should finish within 10 minutes of each other so we can distribute prizes, eat, etc.
Rookie
Scramble format or play your own ball?
Rookie
SCRAMBLE
Rookie
The golf tourney still on for Friday?
Rookie
I am meeting with Tiburon in the morning to decide if the tourney will be postponed until a later date. I'll post a reply as soon as possible. Thank you for your support!