Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Grade the Qwest
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grade the Qwest Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
i gave it an A at the qwest. Personally i like how much more room you have there for specters and the wrestlers.
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Heres an idea...a lil crazy, so stay with me banana

A lot of people want to be able to move closer if they have kids in the semis and finals, so here is what i propose!!

The Qwest should suspend 12 harnesses from the ceiling around each section, therefore there would be 6 harnesses around each mat for semis, and then 12 harnesses around each mat for finals. You would have to be able to prove that you are a parent or family. Each wrestler would be alotted the same number of harnesses for his/her family!!

This would take care of the problem of not being close to the mat, you would be suspended about 15-20 foot above the mat for the duration of the match...
rotfl

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
That's a great idea.

Then again...I've got a nasty cold and haven't been able to shower in two days thanks to a crapped-out water heater, so my judgement at this point might be a little whack.
Funny

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
quote:
...haven't been able to shower in two days ...

TMI... Roll Eyes

Don't know if I'd want to be bungee jumping from the rafters although the bird's-eye view of being suspended 15-20 feed up would be interesting...
State Qualifier
I like the harness suspended from the ceiling idea but OSHA may complain about it. I'd like to offer a safer alternative. We reserve 4 blocks of seats in the first two rows of the lower bowl. The Class A seats will be across the arena from the Class A mat, etc. After the semi-finals on Friday night the semi-final winners will each be given 10 tickets to those seats to give to whomever they want to be near the mat when they wrestle. Each person must have a regular ticket to enter the arena for the finals. As the parents, friends, etc. of the 105 finalists come in they sit in the front row of their section. The parents, friends, etc of the 112 finalists will sit in the second row. When the 105 matches have ended the parents, friends, etc. go back to their regular seats and the parents, friends, etc. of the 119 finalists come down and take the front row seats. Then the parents and friends of the 126 finalists will take the second row of seats when the 112 finals end, etc. There is enough time between matches with introductions of the next match that there would be time to swap seats without people standing in the aisles and blocking anyone's vision.
State Qualifier
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NWI:
That's a great idea.

I've got a nasty cold and haven't been able to shower in two days /QUOTE]

So far the wind has been out of the east so that hasn't been a big problem here, but I imagine the residents of Eastern Wyoming have been calling the Environmental Protection Agency.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The Wyoming folks were very forgiving...the Coloradoans, well, that's another story altogether.

Fortunately, water heater is fixed and all is back to normal.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Watching my son compete in an arena where NAtional championships have been decided ins ports live volleyball and hockey etc., was pretty neat.. I would give it an A