Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Caldwell coming to NU
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Caldwell coming to NU Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArt...100&ATCLID=205149343
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
WOW!!!!!! What a great get for UNL!!!!!!!

Chad Mattox
Junior High
Didn't say anything about him having to sit for a year.... Anyone know if he will?

Kokesh and Caldwell will be great partners. Also give Austin Wilson some upper level guys to prepare him for the future.

Relentless
Novice
Picture of ArmBar
Surprised to see this transfer with his success on the mat at OU.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Wow what a pick up. The Huskers are putting together quite a recruiting class. I would imagine that he was not happy Henson did not get the job. If they granted him his release he will not have to site especially with the big 10 move.
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
I assume the coaching change has a little something to do with this. Sammie Henson seems to always be the next guy for a head coaching job...I've read he doesn't have a college degree so he can't be a head coach.. OU loss is NU gain I also would assume a move to 174 for Caldwell

Curtis Gocke
Asst. Coach Plattsmouth High School
USA Nebraska Secretary/Treasurer
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
Even if he sits out and redshirts he'll have two years left. He is a true sophomore

quote:
Originally posted by NC:
Didn't say anything about him having to sit for a year.... Anyone know if he will?

Kokesh and Caldwell will be great partners. Also give Austin Wilson some upper level guys to prepare him for the future.

Curtis Gocke
Rookie
According to this article, he is eligible to hit the mat this season and has 2 years remaining.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/...66-c0ead9638d99.html
Novice
Picture of starwrestler
If anyone has seen kokesh wrestle it is amazing! I believe Caldwell has a big enough frame he will make the move to 174 for 2 years and no one will beat kokesh in that room for 3 years!
State Qualifier
Caldwell or Kokesh will move up one weight class. You can't keep two studs in the same weight class. Caldwell is very good defensively (see Big 12 match against Burroughs) but needs some offense to become a complete wrestler. NU can get him over the hump. Great pick-up.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Again, I wouldn't underestimate the effect this has on the rest of the team. I'm hearing some rumblings that things aren't good there now. You might gain a transfer but you might lose several more.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
There are rumblings that Caldwell and Henson are a package deal...... Does that shake things up on the coaching staff? I was so happy with this year's coaching staff.... I hope this doesn't change things on that end of it!

Rick Henry

State Qualifier
One hopes the transfer in does not lead to tranfers for the Huskers in either wrestlers or coaches. There is always movement in and out of programs but hope NU does not lose anyone in this case...at least not any starters. If a guy sitting 3rd or 4th on the "depth chart" wants to move on, that I can understand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alexander_Delarge_655321,
State Champion
Picture of deano
what would be the reasoning for losing wrestlers???? Because an excellent wrestler is coming into the program.....if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen....if you don't want to be there then we don't need you....
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Nebraska should have two AA's at 165 and 174 with Kokesh and Caldwell. Its hard for me to not think this is a good thing for UNL. There still are some unanswered questions though about next year's team....
1. Who wrestles at 197?
2. Does Henson bump out a coach on the staff currently?

Chad Mattox
Junior High
There will be several wrestlers on the bubble of AA status. Ihnen and Lane will be back.. Could be a total of 4 AA.

Relentless
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
125- Nagel
133-Klingsheim/Kiley
141- Galloway/Meeks
149 Grande/Green
157- Compton/Koehn/Wilson
165- Kokesh
174- Caldwell unless Olympic RS then Kolb
184-Ihnen/ Nakashima
197- Ihnen
285 Lane/ Longendyke

Starting to create some depth at the heavy weights 41 and 49 still concerns for me. What other recruits could step in right away at the Big Ten level??? Longendyke? not sure he's ready either though

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gocke_Dojo,

Curtis Gocke
Novice
James Green at 149 is a top notch recruit out of NJ, and I think Austin Wilson has a chance of making some noise if he is at 157. Sometimes HS success doesn't transfer to college success, but I think The Huskers have a great crew coming in.
Junior High
Picture of bluehawk
I'm pretty sure Austin will be redshirting his 1st year. Then maybe the next year at 157.

You also have nationally ranked Jake Sueflohn coming in at 141 next year, and then the younger Meeks the next year at 133.
State Qualifier
Campy would have been a nice addition at 197lbs. Depth is getting better at some weights but still thin a others. Can NU put it all together and get at title? Hope so.