Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    National Tournament This Sunday

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
National Tournament This Sunday Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Just curious, how can high school wrestlers compete at this tournament at the Coco Key Holiday Inn this Sunday? We are taking some of our Jr. wrestlers and I notice they have high school divisions. I thought it was agains NSAA rules. I'm sure someone on here will have the answer faster than I can look it up. Thanks.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Sorry, can't help with that - but you could've looked it up by now LOL
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Find anything out?

Rick Henry

Novice
This is from the NSAA wrestling manual.

Non-School Competition
1. No individual or team match shall be held with any team or individual not belonging to the NSAA or to its own state high school
association.
2. No match or individual competition may be held with any team or individual, other than intrasquad competition, prior to the first
date permitted for winter sports contests. Each interschool match competed in--on or after the first date permitted for winter sports
contests--shall count as one of the permitted individual and team matches (sixteen wrestling meets and/or thirty competition points).
3. No match or individual competition may be held with any team or individual, other than intrasquad competition, prior to the first
date permitted for winter sports contests.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaamom,
Rookie
Picture of Grapplindog
Didn't the nsaa just pass a ruling in the last couple of years about swimming and being able to compete with your club and practice with your club team? Could of swore that I hears that.....
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
That applies to swimming only.