Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Clash Hotline!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Clash Hotline! Login/Join

<bullet>
posted   Report This Post  
lost one match 2-0 I think, but he had a great tournament. I think people here are under estimating him a little. Plan to see him doing well in Lincoln.
<bullet>
Ryan, I meant Etherton.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
here regarding how well Ryan competed. I'd be more surprised if someone here at home was actually overlooking this State Champ and great competitor.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I think the Big 3 of Skutt, Lincoln East and Rushville did very well against some tough competition.
Rookie
Etherton did go undefeated. The results shown for the first match were wrong. It was shown that Etherton lost 2-0 but Etherton won that match 16-4. Etherton was trying hard to get the points for a tech fall. I can't seem to get into the Clash results for that dual but I bet they have it wrong there. They originally posted that Skutt won the dual with East and they were posting it on the wall wrong when it was pointed out to them that they had the wrong result but they had already put it up on the internet wrong.
Rookie
to all the Nebraska wrestlers who represented our state with some great wrestling, class, and above all sportsmanship (see Vacaville and the flying headbutts). No doubt, some of the best high school wrestling you'll find outside of Pennsylvania. Thanks to all the fans who travelled up to cheer for the boys too.
Rookie
Okay, so I was the guy that posted the Omaha Skutt-Lincoln East results backwards on the Clash website. Geez, did I can hell 5 minutes after that happened. The scorers had the names backwards on the score sheet so we posted on the internet and on the wall charts backwards. We had it fixed pretty damn quick. The L-E coach came flying in the media room and politely pointed out the screw-up.

Someone asked about refs.. we had the top 10 officials from Minnesota. There was really only one controversial call in the whole tournament and the coaches and officials all agreed on it (some fans didn't though).

Someone else mentioned an individual match score that is wrong on the website. If someone would send me the round and match, I'll fix it(TheClash@matmen.org). I have the official bout sheets laying on the floor behind me where I dropped them at 2AM this morning when we finally got done.

If you missed this year, put next year on your calendar. It will be the same weekend (first weekend after New Years).
<Ward Cleaver>
Wouldn't worry about the Lincoln East coach, he has a reputation of getting a little excited. They also indicated that they were not going to attend the tournament next year. Probably a little to tough for him. Would rather stay in the confines of the State, even though in the Local paper he was quoted as saying he loved out state competition. Maybe he meant out-state competition that he could beat
<RAT>
Saw your post about the Lincoln East Coach, (not suprising in the State of Nebraska). I know Skutt was very happy with the tournament. Even though we would have preferred to have performed better. We will be back next year. Our coaches are always looking for the best competition possible. I have been to a lot of Wrestling Tournaments, and this is by far the best run tournament I have ever attended.
<LE parent>
Before you go making claims about Lincoln East not wanting to go back to The Clash because of the tough competition, maybe you better know a little more about what you are talking about. Lincoln East had to go to great pains just to get to go to The Clash this year. They were given permission to go for one year only. They would love to go back but unless LPS will give them permission then they will not be able to. As far as their coach getting the outcome of the LE vs Skutt dual corrected, it was not Coach McCurdy. It was an assistant coach and then only after some of the LE parents noticed that it was recorded wrong. I suppose you would have rathered it was left incorrect so that only those who were there to watch it knew the real outcome???
<Tumbler>
LE Parent, why would LPS only allow them to go for one year? If they had the money raisied to go and the Coaches and team wanted to go, then why would the school want their team to go and perform in a quality tournament like the clash? Just wondering.
<LE parent>
I am not for certain on this but I had heard that LPS said it would not be fair to the other LPS schools for East to be allowed to continue to go to elite tournments like this even though the East wrestling boosters raised the money to go themselves.
<RAT>
Not concerened about who knows about LE beating Skutt. You won no complaints. Never mentioned that coach McCurdy was the one complaining about the score being updated incorrectly, you came to that conclusion on your own. Wonder why Lincoln Public Schools host a large Holiday BB tournament for out of State Schools but yet won't let their own schools do the same. Seems as though if a person really pushes that they would allow this to happen again. Any way best of Luck to you at the State Tournament and your quest for another State Title. You have a very good team.
<Tumbler>
If that is true, then that is to bad. The others schools would have the same opportunities as East if they raised the money and got entered. Why the district wouldn't allow this to happen, I'll never understand. You would think that the district would be happy to have a team that is this good, wanting to go and compete against some of the best teams in the country. Not to mention the publicity and recognition that they would be getting as well. I don't know, it wouldn't make sense to me as the coach, team member, or parent if they were told "no" to going to this next year. Confused
Novice
again, but I was told when we were given permission to go in the first place that it would be one time thing. Those of you who don't believe this don't understand the difference between being part of a private school system versus being a part of a multiple high school public school district. There are huge differences. About the comment, that if you push hard enough you will get what you want, this just is not true. I am very appreciative that our school district let us attend the Clash this year. I will not make a fuss about letting us go next year, because I am appreciative that we got to go at all. I am also very appreciative of all the people (especially Dennis Wheeler) who worked so hard so that we could go and have a great experience this year. Not only was it a great cultural experience for our kids, we had great competition which I think will only make us better. In our pool (which was the second pool) we had four state championship teams from last year and a runner up.

As far as my desire to wrestle outstate competition, or tough competition in general, just check out our schedule. We have wrestled Lewis Central for the last several years (at the Sioux City Heelan duals) when they have had one of the toughest teams in the country. We were doing this before we were state champions or even a top ten team in the state.

As far as our dual with Skutt, I feel very fortunate to come away with a victory. I know that if we wrestled them again next week they might beat us. I know that it hurt them not to have Cash Coolidge. I believe Skutt is the top program in the state, with the possible exceptions of Rushville and David City Aquinas. We are just working to try to develop a program of that type of quality. Brad Hildabrandt is an awsome coach and person. He gives his kids everything he has. Our dual with Skutt was super exciting and I think great for wrestling in Nebraska. The fans on both sides were really pumped and I think they gave both teams a great boost. It was intense.

Well if anybody reads this who helped us go to the Clash or came and supported us there or has supported Lincoln East wrestling at all thank you very much.
<DJ>
For those of you who don't understand the rare language, McCurdeeez (form of ancient hebrew), I will translate. What Marty is saying is this: We have a damned good team. We loved whooping the team that everyone envies. If we wrestled them again, the outcome would be the same. Love their coaches but love to beat them more. Liked the clash but DARNED the LPS rules (lol). Lastly thanks to everyone who supported us and who will be there Thursday when we open a can on LNE.

Love, Marty
Novice
I meant just what I wrote. I also thought my language though flawed was understandable. Now though I have not confirmed it, but my guess on who "DJ" is, would be that he is the coach of a powerful team himself. I am guessing he is the man of many monikers, who is always grapplin with words and causes. I would guess he is a man who has a tremendous mastery of the English language and often uses it to frap his verbal foes. I would guess that many of you on this board have verbally sparred with this man and had no idea it was him. Hey DJ am I right? I can generally pick up the M.O. of the man I suspect, though I think I am one of the few who can do it. He has a tremendous gift at the deception of making you think he is someone other than who he is. DJ if you are not the man I suspect I apologize but I still meant what I wrote and thought it was clear.
<DJ>
You only wish you knew who this is! Thanks for the apology, Marty...............
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
I am honored that you think I am DJ! You really do have a high regard for my linguistic aptitude! However, I hate to disappoint, but I must. DJ I am not. Sorry! However, I am not above a little jocularity. I am predicting that you guys will WIN the duel with LNE! I am also predicting that you will be completely humble after it is over so that you won't give the crew at LNE a reason to seek the ancient right of VENDETTA! Am I right?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Vendetta???

Egad, Grapplinman....keep it up and you'll have ME reaching for the thesaurus.

LOL