Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    aau ironman

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
aau ironman Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone know when the aau ironman tournament is? Is there a website to get a registration form?
<star wrestler>
the aau ironman tourney is in kearney on sat march 5th and 6th.
<Guest>
<Guest>
can you get aau cards at the door?
<Guest>
in reading the flyer it says get them on line
the web site is listed
<Guest>
is this the only qualifier for AAU events like the Maine exchange and Disney Duals, the TOC is on the same day and offers better competition.
<Guest>
hard to say which has the best competition!
but I'm pretty sure this is the only qualifier!
<Guest>
I can't seem to pull up the web site. Is it working for others? Is it really this weekend?
<Dadio>
quote:
hard to say which has the best competition!
but I'm pretty sure this is the only qualifier!

Easy to say which has the best competition: TOC. My son went to Disney last year and never went to a qualifier.
<Guest>
Web site works just fine for me.
might try it again!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
AAU Ironman grades 6-12 on Saturday 5th.
weigh in friday night 7-8 or Saturday morn 8-9, entry for one style, $15 for both. Folkstyle first, then freestyle. grade 6-7-8 will be grouped according to age, grade and weight with 16 man brackets, no challenges, can enter on one group and weight class. grade 9-12, standard high school weight brackets apply. top 4 medal, win both folk and free to get Ironman plaque. although entry says get card online, they always sell cards at site. TOC is likely a larger event but the level of competition could be argued endlessly. My son's bracket had 3 state champs in it last year, i.e. We've seen many of Nebraska's best wrestlers at this event the last few years although many are also in the Omaha event. Don't get bent out of shape about ' qualifier ' issue. Just go wrestle somewhere!

<Guest>
well said TK thanks for the imput!
<Guest>
will the mat cats and kearney catholic club be at the AAU Ironman this year? Or will they travel out of town again this year?
Last year we traveled 3 hours hoping to wrestle some of the tough little studs in the kearney clubs, only to find they were not even at the state AAU meet right in their own home town! Sorry this seems strange to me!
<Guest>
does anyone know if you can purchise an AAU card at this tourny?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Cards are on sale at this event every year in the front lobby at KHS.

<Guest>
Do they take walk-in entries?