Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    RR....why did you stop the discussion?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
RR....why did you stop the discussion? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
hmmm? it's all in good fun. what else was said?

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I wasn't on here all weekend so I don't know what happened. I do know that Larry emailed me and apologized and I did the same in regards to any confusion that arose. I do know that if people continue to beat this dead horse, there will be timeouts administered. Done. Posting on here is not a right-its a privilege. This is for everyone-follow the rules or be gone.

thats good to hear about the exchange.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
State Champion
Picture of deano
I simply stated that there were certain individual's that were acting like they were two instead of grown ups. It is good that HB and cottle ended this. I apoligize for use a similar word to butt, but that is all I apoligize for now if u want to ban me do so. I don't even care anymore the constant bickering is getting ridiculous PERIOD
Rookie
I just heard that the Cottles got abducted by aliens while secretly meeting with Badger in a corn field near Bennington! Can some one confirm or deny this rumor in 10,000 words or less? Or send an Army Paratrooper to rescue them? Or take some other course of action? Funny
World Champion
Picture of NWI
They weren't abducted...just interrogated.

rotfl

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well, I guess I'm going to attempt my second response to what started this topic, and the last two threads that were closed on this topic.

I did write Ross Halford, aka HB, the other day and apologized for what he considered to be a threat times 2. You had to do some reading between the lines. I would say a lot of in between the line reading but that wouldn't matter. Because everyones opinion on this board will differ as to what between the lines means. So, I'll just leave it at that.

For the record I will respond to emails/telephone calls. I always have and always will. It may not be the answer your looking for when I do, however, it will be an answer never-the-less.

I guess my ears were raised during my response for a number of reasons, because it did cause controversy and concern when it wasn't needed or wanted for many.

We have just moved closer to Omaha by relocating to Fort Calhoun. And seeing how Bennington doesn't have open enrollment we would not be permitted to attend Bennington while living in the Fort Calhoun district. HB knew that we had moved to Fort Calhoun and chose to not consider that information. Instead, he told me that he knew of ways to attend Bennington and still live in Fort Calhoun. That is great and I hope that works out for others in the future if need be. However, we are not going to circumvent the system that way. I suppose we would of just moved to Bennington if that is where we wanted to live and for our children to go to school.

However, we moved to Fort Calhoun because of the location to Omaha and the convenience for us in relationship to our land.

We lived in Fort Calhoun from 1996-1999 and know many people from that district. And already, Nova has had friends come to her and ask her what is wrong with the Fort Calhoun Wrestling program. Because they heard that Q & Z were transferring from Skutt to Bennington, yet we live in Fort Calhoun. One of those individuals with great concern is Coach Jim Meyer.

And for the record, I like Coach Meyer a great deal as a person and as a wrestling coach. And for him to think or to get the feeling that I didn't respect him as a coach really bothers me. Or for him to think that in some way I would say or do things to damage his wrestling program is just plain and simple WRONG!! I have known Coach Meyer for nearly 30 years and I don't need erroneous gossip created on Huskermat to effect my friendship with Coach Jim Meyer.

When someone comes up to my wife or me and one of the first things they say is "Hey, what's wrong with Fort Calhoun Wrestling?" It makes me think that sometimes people should stay out of what is not their business. I fully understand that this website is a source of information for Ross. However, when he lives in Fort Calhoun, graduated and wrestled for Alan Pokorny in Bennington, and he knows me personally. I think it would of been best for all, if he found another form of validation for the information given to him from a "Reliable Source".

I better take that "for all" back. I should say for those that it really effects the most. For everyone else out there. Your just like me and always like to feed off of gossip created by others. Whether it brings any truth or reality to the situation. Gossip is gossip that I understand.

This same type of question was raised last year and when Q was an incoming freshman. And maybe some other time that I can't remember. This time it just struck me differently.

Q & Z started wrestling at Skutt 3 years ago as a SkyHawk and they will continue to remain as a SkyHawk until they graduate.

And if your wondering why I have 400+ posts, Many of those posts were during times that I was giving a play by play at the Middle School Duals, Schoolboy Duals, Cadet Duals, etc. Or attempting to post some other form of result. Otherwise, my numbers would be low. Probably somewhere in the neighbor of DSwitz.

Well, I hope that brings more light to the situation. However, I'm sure someone will try to read this as if I was mad or had a negative tone in my voice. I sat on this response for a while because I never have enough time to sit down and write. Now that I was waiting on my wife for a little while, now she is waiting on me. I'm positive I probably didn't say something that I wanted to or it will be read in the manner I don't intend.

Sincerely,

LG

I'll see you all around the mats in 85 days or so. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Let's Grapple,
Rookie
Well there goes the in 10,000 words or less concept Trout Slap
World Champion
Picture of NWI
834, for those scoring at home... popcorn

Rookie
My bad the high quality of suspense just made it seem like 10,000 plus words. Here is a picture of me reading it!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Ummm...no offense -- but you might want to see a dentist about that back molar.

Junior High
Why are we posting photos of NSAA enforcement officials?
Rookie
Ummmm no Doug but if you want a picture of a NSAA official here it is!
Rookie
Hmmmm that did not work try this!
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
need a little help?