Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    BRUTE-ADIDAS NATIONALS INFORMATION

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
BRUTE-ADIDAS NATIONALS INFORMATION Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Report This Post  
Norm Manstedt asked me to e-mail this information out to all the coaches, and I thought it might be a good idea to post it up here as well to help answer some questions regarding the Brute-Adidas Nationals tournament.

I will say this...we have an opportunity here to get a national tournament to stay in Nebraska and have the boys from other states come knocking on our door for once, instead of us having to go all over God's green earth to see national competition.

I have a tremendous amount of faith in the wrestling community of Nebraska that we are going to make our presence felt at this first edition of the tournament and do our part to not only build this tournament into one of the nation's best HS underclassmen tournament, but will do it in a manner where they will make Nebraska their home for this tournament. We need to get as many Nebraska boys involved as possible for this tournament.

The e-mail follows below...

Coaches,

The deadline is drawing near for the first Brute-Adidas Nationals and we want to get the wrestlers in the state of Nebraska involved in what is going to become one of the premiere national wrestling events for our high school underclassmen.

We need to have your wrestlers who are interested in participating in this tournament to get their entries in as soon as possible. An entry form is included as an attachment in this e-mail for you to print out and give to those wrestlers who are interested.

Registration fee for wrestlers is $40, and this allows the wrestlers to compete in the event and entrance into the event. They will also get to use the Gatorade hydrations area during weigh-ins and during the competition.

Family Pass for both days (3-5 people) is $60. Coaches pass for both days is $25, and this will get coaches into the event, the banquet/social, and coaches hospitality. If a coach happens to have a wrestler make it to the finals the coaches (2) will receive free polo shirts to wear in the finals.

You can get hotel rooms at a special rate at the Downtown Holiday Inn in Lincoln. Cost is $82 per night and you need to reference the Brute-Adidas Nationals group rate to get the special offer.

This tournament is important for the wrestling community in the state of Nebraska, as the Brute-Adidas Nationals will be an annual event that will draw wrestlers from all over the country. If we don't have a strong showing of wrestlers from Nebraska, this tournament will find a home in another venue in another state.

We want to keep this tournament here in Nebraska and give our wrestlers an opportunity to compete on a national scale in a venue closer to home. But we need your wrestlers who are interested in competing to get their entries in so that we can have a good turnout of wrestlers from Nebraska. If you can get an estimate on how many are coming from your school, please e-mail tournament director Shawn Charles at director@bruteadidasnationals.com

Wrestlers will be coming from all over the country from the Midwest and from states such as Arizona, Alabama and Pennsylvania. The state of Nebraska needs to be represented at this tournament and we want to your wrestlers who are interested the opportunity to better themselves to take advantage of this tournament.

For years, we have had to travel all over the country to wrestle some of the best in the nation. This is an opportunity for us to have them come into our backyard for a change, and we need the Nebraska wrestling community's support to make this tournament an annual event that stays here in Nebraska.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at ntmmaulers@hotmail.com. I hope we will see you and your wrestlers in Lincoln the weekend of March 12 for the first Brute-Adidas High School Nationals.

Yours in Wrestling,

Norm Manstedt, Tournament Coordinator
Brute-Adidas Nationals
<omaha>
Do we get any weight or do we have to weight right on
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I have a copy of the entry form and can e-mail it to you.

mikeyc@nwimag.com
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Right now, registrations are at the point where the Brute/Adidas folks are seriously considering cancelling this tournament. We need Nebraska kids to take part in this event. There are kids coming from other states to compete in this and I would hate for us to miss out on a golden opportunity to HOST an event of this magnitude.

There is a pop-up ad on the NWI website that you can click on to go to the Brute-Adidas Nationals website. The form should be there to download or you can e-mail me at mikeyc@nwimag.com and I will forward one on to you.

We complain about having to travel all over the country to compete against the nation's best. If we let this opportunity get away from us, we are missing a golden chance to better ourselves as a wrestling community.
<Guest>
The way you are talking it sounds like this will be mostly Nebraska wrestlers. If I am paying $40 I would like to wrestle someone other than Nebraska wrestlers. I can get that for a lot less. I would like to wrestle against other states. Not bashing it just hoping to get different competition. Frown
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Wrestlers from Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania and I believe some Florida wrestlers are among the entries right now.

But we NEED a strong showing from Nebraska if we want to keep this tournament IN Nebraska.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...Anyone needing information on the tournament can e-mail me at mikeyc@nwimag.com and I will forward it on to you.
<Guest>
40 dollars is alot of money to pay when i could possibly go two and out
<Guest>
thatis alot of money to go 2 and out
Rookie
Is Brute calling this off or is it still a go

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Still no word yet from organizer Norm Manstedt, maybe later tonight or tomorrow we will learn fate of Brute Adidas Nationals. Hopefully significantly more entries have landed in Lincoln since Wednesday. I'll post here on forum if I learn anything in the meanwhile or look for Mike Carnes to post an update as soon as he is notified, best guess.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Mike, if possible, please try to get an update for us regarding status of Brute Adidas Nationals. Norm had previously indicated entrants by late Friday would determine situation. Obviously, if the event is cancelled or postponed we would like to wrestle elsewhere; cutoff for USA State Folkstyle is Monday 8th. We really need to know today in order to get entry to USA in timely manner. I have no response from Norm overnight and will be in KHS all day today. A post here on the forum would be easy to get to via Red Rocker. We could make an announcement at the Ironman event if informed.