Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    OKAY, Who ordered the snow??!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
OKAY, Who ordered the snow??!! Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
posted   Report This Post  
The weather outside is awful... Windchill, I don't even want to go there... Someone, please make it go away! tantrum tantrum enraged
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I hear ya rmh!! Global warming yea right!! I'd like to bring some of those Copenhagen global warming enthusiasts here and stick them in a snow drift. Mitchell forecast 5 today, -15 tonight, 20 mph winds tonight, and 8 inches or so of snow on the ground now. No school today, kids get a day off, (hope our wrestlers are watching what they eat) haa, haa. Not supposed to warm up till the weekend, then maybe in the 20's. Stay warm everyone, winter is not here yet. Eek
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
One of the "talking heads" on TV this noon was trying to convince people that this year, 2009, was among the warmest ever recorded...He obviously wasn't from Nebraska! Smile
World Champion
Picture of NWI
It's Nebraska...it's December...and we're complaining about cold and snow??? Really???

Eek

Good...I didn't want to be the only one...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
I'm trying to convince my son that he should help me get my Christmas lights up outside. He just looks at me with a bewildered look on his face, and says Ya Right! I knew I should have stopped watching football, a few weekends ago (when it was 60 out), and put them up. I don't think I will ever learn.
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
I think I agree with your son on this one. No one should have to be outside in this. Big Grin
Novice
Ya, I agree with you, my dogs think that too! I suppose I will have to let them in tonight. 4 big dogs in the house, 1 being a 150 lb. blood hound, does not a fun night make. banana

World Champion
Picture of HB
I have a friend from Quad Cities and they're talking about the worst winter storm in 30 years out there. 17 inches of snow and higher winds than what we're going to get.

We're headed to a blizzard warning in Eastern Nebraska starting at 9:00 tonight. Not fit for man or beast out there.
Novice
I feel sorry for all the livestock out there, and any person that might have to venture out. Stay safe and stay home if you can. Luckily the wind has not picked up here yet. Hopefully the weatherman is wrong, and we won't have as cold of night as they say. With a lot of diesels around here, makes for a long morning of getting out and about.

Buncha wimps!!! It ain't that bad out there, just ask Pee Wee, he doesn't even need one of his boots!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Once the frostbite kicks in, he'll go through life with the nickname "Hopalong" -- LOL.

Rookie
So he has a snow boot on a "single leg"? Sorry, got it to a wrestling theme.....
State Qualifier
A 150 pound bloodhound? I need to see a picture of that.

My dogs love to come in the house on cold nights, and watch a little TV. They are also very fond of Budweiser.LOL

quote:
Originally posted by elwayfan:
So he has a snow boot on a "single leg"? Sorry, got it to a wrestling theme.....

No, no, no, no it's an ankle pick!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
quote:
Originally posted by panther:
A 150 pound bloodhound? I need to see a picture of that.

My dogs love to come in the house on cold nights, and watch a little TV. They are also very fond of Budweiser.LOL

OK...so I see the bloodhound. But what about the other three dogs in that picutre??? Big Grin

Novice
I will have to get you a picture of him. He is something to see. We got him as a puppy from my sister-in-law. He was the biggest of the litter of 10. She had sold them for $1000.00 a piece, but we got him for free. He is black and tan. His name is Crisco. My husband named him. He said the name was better than lard ---.
We have to keep him on a chain, because his nose gets him in trouble in the neighborhood. When we let him off he visits the mileline around us. Had to get a horse halter and make it into a harness, because no harness will fit him and no collar will stay on him. If you ever want a dog to own you, have a bloodhound. We also have a pit bull/black lab named Grizzly, a chesapeake/brown lab named Brownie, and a St. Bernard/Dalmation named Duke who is 16 yrs. old. Of course he is the only one that didn't want to come in last night! Panther your dogs look like they no how to own you too! They've got most of the sofa. Wink
Junior High

Sorry the image is small... I think this looks a little more inviting...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anarchist,
State Qualifier
I get the impression that some of you are a little skeptical about the “Global Warming” that will probably cause all of us to die of the excessive heat within a few years. I must confess that I am a little skeptical about a couple of the points but I’m sure that when our “leaders” get back from signing the US sovereignty over to the International Save The Snail Darter Organization that they will be able to answer these two questions for me.

First, during the Ice Age the North Pole ice cap extended as far south as central Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, etc. There were very few people on earth at that time and most of them rode dinosaurs because they couldn’t afford cars. How bad was the gas mileage of the few people that drove cars and what did they manufacture in their carbon spewing factories to create enough greenhouse effect to melt the ice cap all the way back to the Arctic Circle?

Second, we are being warned to buy life preservers because all of the ice melting in the Arctic is raising the level of the oceans so we will all soon be underwater. I get a little different opinion when I do a simple experiment. I filled a gallon can with water and then put in as much ice as I could so the water was at the rim of the can and some of the ice was sticking up above the rim. I set the can on a large plate to catch the water that overflowed while the ice was melting and raising the level of the oceans. A strange phenomenon occurred as the ice melted. None of the water from the ice melt flowed over the side into my plate. Instead, when all of the ice had melted in the can the water level was slightly below the rim. I wonder if the water in the polar cap is different than the water in my tap.

I’m sure our “leaders” will explain these questions to me soon, but in the meantime I will just have to believe that the great floods that hit Omaha in the 1900s were caused by a leaky faucet in Sioux City.
Novice
All I can say is DITTO!! I guess I can say more. nerd This whole global warming thing is a farce to get our tax dollars put into a few fat pockets of corupt politicians. Carbon Dioxide is dangerous to the environment? Listen to the e-mails that have surfaced and you will find that these so-called scientists and far-left polititions are scared that they will not get this farce cap & trade bill pushed through before people wise up. Meanwhile the private planes taking all of these fat cats to Copenhagen and the limos there to pick them up is polluting the air. Al Gore's house uses more energy in one day than mine does in a year. He is getting rich off of this myth. It's all about the money as usual. The earth has cycles, and we were in a warmer one for a few years. We are now coming out of it. Now I believe we are moving into a cooling cycle. That's why we are still combining corn at Christmas. Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine. It's all about redistribution of our money, and power. potstir
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
If this is global warming then I would like to know who stole my gluteus maximus- (hint- I'm suspicious of Jack Frost.) Also- why was I bucking drifts the entire way this morning driving to work .