Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Friday tournaments

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Friday tournaments Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
posted   Report This Post  
Could I get a listing of tournaments that happen on fridays. Randolph is looking to get out of a saturday tournament and into a friday tournament. This would be for next year, 06-07. Thanks Chad
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Madison holds a Friday tournament on the third Friday in January. This year January 20th. Participating teams are Madison, Stanton, Creighton, Wayne, Crofton, Wakefield, Columbus JV and Norfolk JV.

We are interested in any and all teams. Weigh-Ins are at noon and we wrestle at 2:00 last year we finished at 8:00. This year since the NSAA canned the JV rule we are going to run 16 man brackets and hopefully get a ton of matches on Friday night. This gives my guys two days off and that is huge in the middle of the season. We come back refreshed on Monday.

If interested contact me kloosvel@esu8.org

Kenny Loosvelt
Madison Dragon Wrestling
Rookie
Wilber-Clatonia has a dual meet on the first Friday after Christmas break. Current teams are Crete, Norris, BDD, Lincoln East JV, West Point, W-C, Fillmore Central, and Tecumseh. Each team gets four duals.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
It would be easy enough to turn your 8 team dual invite into a 9 team. Run three pools of three (round robin) and then for the championship brackets have the 1's round robin the 1's, 2nds the 2nds, and the 3rds the 3rds, for a total of 4 duals for every team. Just an idea. This could screw up your team place system, but could lead to an overall better invite (not that what you have now is broken) in my humble opinion.

Rick Henry

NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Superior (South Central #5) has a decent invite around the 14th of January every year and it is on a Friday night.

Rick Henry

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
BD, & don't forget the scenic drive to Ord Invite, always on a Friday. That long drive back home can account for some of the memory lossSmile; I think we were up and headed off next day to watch some other event before you got back home Big Grin Big Grin

NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Thats true TK! 4am and some angry board members if I remember correctly. Then we went to the Fairbury INvite on that Friday. So that is another Friday invite to look at! It is usually the last friday in January if memory serves.

Rick Henry