Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    CLASH - Day 1
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CLASH - Day 1 Login/Join

Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Skutt vs. Midwest City, OK

103 Zach Cottle vs. LF Willie Gunter (4-1)
112 Matt Katusin vs. LDec 9-2 Tyler Untrauer (4-0)
119 Tyler Sackett vs. LF Seth Johnson (2-2)
125 Tyler Kottas vs. LF Lance Ledesma (3-1)
130 Quintin Cottle vs. Dec 3-2 Drew Hill (1-3)
135 Mike Corritore vs. LF Mark Meyer (3-1)
140 Derek Vogel vs. L MD 16-5 Tony Mahan (3-1)
145 Dave Raetz vs. L Dec 5-1 Grant Young (0-3)
152 Scott Nordstrom vs. Dec 6-1 Andrew Thigpen (2-2)
160 Kyle Svendson vs. Dec 11-1 Rob Wood (3-1)
171 Josh Anderson vs L Dec 8-4 Nick Kretzschmar (1-3)
189 Nick Schaeffer vs. Fall :54 Chris Hill (2-2)
215 Matt Muschall vs. Open
275 Wayland Latham vs. WBF 2:54 Chad Grandstaff (0-4)

Team Score: 28 - 37

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Let's Grapple,
Rookie
It will be interesting to see if Steele wrestles against Lewis Central since he was disqualified in this tournament.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

Shoot me an e-mail hmredrocker@gmail.com if need be.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior High
According to Omaha.com it sounds like Kyle Svendsen (Skutt 160) and Kenny Michel (Burke 171) both made the all-tourney team. Michel had 5 pins en route to going 6-0 and Svendsen knocked off 4 ranked opponents to finish 12-0 in his last 2 Clash trips. Stellar job guys!
Junior High
Couple of questions came up about the 3 team point deduction from O. Skutt...

Flagrant Misconduct now carries a three team point deduction. If the official talked to the NE refs and/or used the tournament admin staff to submit an ejection report thru NSAA, Steele should sit against Lewis Central. Another thought process is if an ejection report does not get submitted, Coach Hildebrandt should the "high road", and Steele should sit against Lewis Central anyway.

All things considered, we should not let this detract from how well the NE teams did and the selection of Svendson & Michel to the all tourney team. Congrats, guys.
Rookie
so why did clint steele push the official in the first place?
Rookie
All of the tournament individual awards are posted at: http://www.clashmn.org/Awards.htm
Rookie
Picture of hskrrick32
AIM: Online Status For hskrrick32
I was mat side and Clint Steele did not push any official. He was removed from competition because of 2 episodes of profanity and his failure to control his emotions. The referee was from Wisconsin and the Head Referee from Minnesota ruled that Mr. Steele was finished for the event and that the issue as far as they were concerned was closed.
Rookie
If the NSAA finds out about it(getting kicked out) he will not be allowed to wrestle in his next dual/tournament.....Now if Skutt doesn't turn this into the NSAA and they later find out about it, there would be huge ramifacations to skutt and to Mr. Steele....Trust the NSAA will find out about him getting ejected from the tournament.
Rookie
In the rulebook does it matter why you are removed? Or are there different ramifications for different situations? My understand is Flagrant Misconduct requires the individual to sit for the next match. The only time three team points can be removed is if it was ruled Flagrant Misconduct.Is this correct?

I know a few years ago there was a dispute that the NSAA had to rule on due to an individual being ejected from the first duel in a double duel. The students school felt he had to miss the second duel of the event and that met the criteria however other coaches and officials disagreed and the NSAA got involved and had to make a ruling on it. I know the rulebook was changed the next year to clear up the issue.

Can some one please clear this up for me? Thank you
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
quote:
Svendsen knocked off 4 ranked opponents to finish 12-0 in his last 2 Clash trips

Whoa! Congrats to to Kyle Svendsen! Very nice!

Any ejection from an event requires the athlete or coach sit out for the next competition. That is an NSAA rule not NFHS rule book rule.

With flagrant misconduct from the penalty chart of the NFHS,

quote:
Disqualify on first offense, deduct 3 team points and remove from premises immediately for the duration of the event. Contestant is eliminated from further competition for the remainder of a dual meet, multiple school event or tournament and no team points can be earned

My guess would be that "The Clash" is considered a "multiple school event or tournament" and that he would need to sit for the next meet.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Was Wondering why Tyler Hand from Valentine didn't wrestle the last dual on Saturday. Did he get hurt or did the coaches just let someone else wrestle? Saw from the earlier posts he was having a tough time.
Rookie
I find it interesting that Craig Seisker devoted 14 out of 18 paragraphs in His second World Herald article about the Clash to Skutt and only 2 to Burk and 2 to Valentine. He did the same thing last year when some kid from Gross made the All Tourney Team and 90% of his article was about the Skutt kid who did not make all tourney. I appreciate his coverage of wrestling in Nebraska. He's very good and a talented reporter. I's just appreciate a little more expanded reported on teams other than His favorite.
Rookie
I'm no writer, but I would think it is journalismd 101 to devote the most coverage to the team that places the highest.
Rookie
I agree that valentine and burke do deserve more coverage. ya skutts good everybody knows that but i do believe its about time that other teams across the state get credit for what they have done and what they are capable of doing.im actually kind of amazed that burke doesnt get as mucha s they do. and we all know that nobody in the state really looks at valentine or any other talented teams up north.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
When Burke and Valentine win 7 straight titles, then they will get as much coverage. Success does breed attention. That's why you are hearing all about the USC Trojan football team now and not the Citadel. It may not seem fair, but that's the way it goes. Now if you read the Valentine paper, I'm sure it would be 99% Badgers and 1% on Skutt and Gross...you get the idea.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Hey, pal...don't be knocking the Citadel football program. They beat...uh...well, they beat SOMEBODY this year.

And pretty bad, too...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
quote:

Ya Radio Man thats just it. Skutt is old news Valentine is out to get them and even though they might not be their yet they will be soon. they have a talented team and do deserve to be recognized. dont get me wrong skutt is a hellacious team and should be proud of what they have accomplished but sometimes people just give up and dont really want to hear about Omaha Skutt all of the time. not meanin to cause problems or anything but i just think that other teams across the state should get a little more recognition. late
Rookie
Picture of Jamie
AIM: Online Status For tractorgirl33
LAUGHLIN, MICHEAL, HENERY, GO 6-0 AT THE CLASH
GREAT JOB GUYS.

LAUGHLIN KICKS BOOTAY!!!!
^BE JEALOUS

LYL

Jamie