Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Team State Champions Celebration at Grand Island
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Team State Champions Celebration at Grand Island Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Grand Island Senior High will be hosting the first ever Central Nebraska State Championship Wrestling Celebration on Wednesday, March 2nd, at 7:00pm, in the west gym at Senior High. The event will celebrate the state wrestling championships recently won by Amherst (Class D), Wood River (Class C), Central City (Class B), and Grand Island (Class A)--all schools in Central Nebraska! Please join us for what promises to be a fun night.
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
That is awesome you guys are doing that what a show of unity. The African nations could use your help so gas prices don't make us americans go broke. Congrat's to all 4 teams.
State Qualifier
Will there be a 4 man robin tournament to go along with that as well?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
That is awesome that all four champions are in such close proximity to one another. All four are coached by outstanding coaches and have outstanding people involved. Congrats to all of them!

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Kearney MatCat:
Will there be a 4 man robin tournament to go along with that as well?

Might as well suit up and do a dual tournament. Unofficial state duals champ. I'm there!!!! Oh yeah I forgot NSAA won't let us.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
I don't think there are any rules about having wrestling mats at celebrations...... There is a section of wrestling mat in our community building that typically has a couple of dances/wedding receptions per month. It commonly gets rolled out before the end of the night at most of these functions. The old uncle who thinks he is pretty tough, usually ends up pretty winded and embarrassed, if not worse!

Having a wrestling mat or two on hand at this celebration would be fun...... Challenge matches! Just keep the coaches in the bleachers!

Rick Henry

Rookie
Can just picture the possible matchups:
112: Trey Trujillo (Grand Island) vs. Christian Nielsen (Wood River). Two state champions. Would love to see that match.
130: Andrew Riedy (Grand Island) vs. Tanner Taubenheim (Amherst) two state champions; Riedy vs. Drew Peterson (Central City); Taubenheim vs. Peterson part 3.
140: Carlos Rodriguez (Grand Island) vs. Jake Anderson (Central City) two state champions; Rodriguez vs. Jensen McTavish (Wood River); Anderson vs. McTavish.
189: Coleman Westerby (Grand Island) vs. Tyson Sutton (Central City).
160: Bryce Dibbern (Amherst) vs. Travis Maresh (Central City).
135: Marcus Peterson (Grand Island) vs. Kevin Smith (Central City)
There are obviously more but these are the ones that come to mind.
NCAA Champion
Well as much as us fans would love to see it, maybe we should just let them celebrate. Have fun guys. I would love to make it over. Who knows I just might make the trip.

Anyone want to road trip?

Fred Franklin
Rookie
For the wrestlers I've talked to since state, there would need to be about 15 LBS weight allowance from scratch weight!
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by 525:
Well as much as us fans would love to see it, maybe we should just let them celebrate. Have fun guys. I would love to make it over. Who knows I just might make the trip.

Anyone want to road trip?

Fred Franklin

That's a very good point.
Rookie
Doug Duda will 'MC' and special guest speaker Marc Bauer will be on hand! It promises to be a great time for everyone. Lets fill up the gym and show just how much Central Nebraska loves Wrestling!
Rookie
I like the idea. Nice to get recognition for all the programs west of Lincoln. When you consider Amherst is about 60 miles from GI, how many medalists are there in that 60 mile radius. Would be interesting to find out. I know we had two, Adams Central had a couple, St. Paul, Aurora, Hastings, Hastings St. Cecilia, Kearney, Kearney Catholic to name a few. I'll bet we would be surprised. Go Wrestlers!!!!!
Rookie
Here's what the state championship teams had:
Grand Island had 11 medalists with four champions.
Central City had nine medalists with a champion.
Wood River had five medalists with two champions.
Amherst had six medalists with two champions.
That's 31 medalists and nine champions.
Rookie
Picture of kraut
Awesome idea, Coach Shadwinkel. Hope you have a great turnout.
State Qualifier
They just made weight for 3 consecutive days. There is no need to weigh in again. Don't let the weight issue be an issue.
Rookie
Bump
State Qualifier
Grand Island Senior High is having their own pep rally this morning recognizing the 3 time state champions.

The Grand Island Independant along with area businesses done a great job of congratulating the 3x state champions in Sundays paper.
State Qualifier
Awesome pep rally with light show and fog and highlight video of the great season that the team had enroute to their 3rd state championship title in a row.
State Qualifier
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by Mat Head:
Grand Island Senior High will be hosting the first ever Central Nebraska State Championship Wrestling Celebration on Wednesday, March 2nd, at 7:00pm, in the west gym at Senior High. The event will celebrate the state wrestling championships recently won by Amherst (Class D), Wood River (Class C), Central City (Class B), and Grand Island (Class A)--all schools in Central Nebraska! Please join us for what promises to be a fun night.

Today is the day when the Champions of Central Nebraska will come together and celebrate as one.