Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Plattsmouth Results
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Plattsmouth Results Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Glenwood ran away with team title-by at least 70 points.

Championships

103 Stangl, ELK dec Pederson, Gross

-Pederson hammered Kreifels in the semis 12-0
I believe Mertes was wrestling Kreifels for 3rd

112 Novotny, Gross dec Polland, ELK

-Novotny won a close match but maybe took 1 shot the entire 6 minutes. Several questionable calls to say the least.

119 Katusin, PL pinned Hurst, SEW

-Katusin looks like a 3x state champion. Will not be challenged this season by anyone. Hurst was down 11-3 in the 2nd and Katusin stuck him.

125 Pulte, Gross dec Bashus, PL 11-5

Pulte looks like his old self.

130 Blanchard, Glenwood over Harpham, AUB

-Blanchard rolled

135 Reeves, Glenwood dec Beck, Minden

Beck beat Prochaska of SEW 7-4 in semis. Rhoades of Gross didn't wrestle

140 Mixan, Gross dec Reincke, PL 5-4

-Mixan got a 5 point move off a reversal in the 2nd to get all his points. He beat Fiala of Seward 8-7 in the semis-great match. Fiala wrestled the match with 2 cotton swabs in his nose the whole time.

145 Artist, Glenwood TF Kaster, FC 20-5

-Prusha didn't wrestle

152 Kates, Glenwood dec Robotham, SEW 6-3

160 Browne, PL won by inj over Phillips, SEW
-Phillips upset #6 rated Iowa kid Viner in semis

171 DeBuhr, AUB dec Peasinger, ELK 4-0
-DeBuhr in control. Looked very good.

189 Dolezal, PLA dec Smith, Blair 5-4
-Good match

215 Browne, PL pinned Minardi, Gross
-Browne looked good

275 Sutherland, BL pinned Hankins, FC
-Glup from Plattsmouth got in some trouble or something and might be done for the year. His replacement is a stud sophomore who got 3rd at this tournament.
<Guest>
what was the score of the pederson stangl match?

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Don't know-I was sitting on the side where we couldn't see the scoreboard and busy trying to get people standing in front of the mats to sit down. Stangl got a quick TD and some back points though.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Stangl 6-3 (or possibly 6-4)

1st period. 4-2 Stangl - TD, 2-backpoints.
Pedersen - reversal
2nd period. 6-2 Stangl chooses both up
Stangl - TD
3rd period. 6-3. Pedersen chooses top.
stalling point against Stangl

I was told there were 2 stalling points against Stangl in the 3rd period; but only saw one called myself. So I can't verify whether it was 6-3 or 6-4.
<westside connection>
i would like to see danny pederson win "B" state

westside connecion
<Guest>
Did Smith from Plattsmouth wrestle at 145?

If so, how did he end up?

World Champion
Picture of HB
Smith didn't wrestle. Neither did Baughman, Rhoades, Prusha or the Blair 103.
<Guest>
Any consolation results?
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I don't know the result; but pretty sure Ryan Mertes (103 lb) was wrestling Alan Kreifels for 3rd/4th.

Ryan decisioned Seth Marshall from Glenwood to get to that match. That was a reversal from the previous week where Seth had defeated Ryan in a dual (from what I read).
<dt>
1. Luke Sutherland, Blair
2. Charlie Hankins, Falls City
3. Dennis Burglend, Plattsmouth
4. Glenwood Kid
5. Minden Kid
6. Joe Walker, Platteview

Burglend could of easy of been in the finals but made a little mistake.
<Fan>
It really looks like you don't want to give credit to Omaha Gross.

103 Stangel did beat Pederson. Got the first take down and two back points and then held on to win. He didn't do one thing the last 3 minutes of the match.

112 Novotny over Polland. I am not sure what match you watched, but polland was the defensive wrestler. How many shots did he take? When he chooses nuetral in the 3rd period and doesn't get busy on his feet, he doe not deserve to win. And I think he was warned for stalling in the first period because he wasn't offensive wasn't he.

125 Pulte is the real deal. Bashus is a good wrestler, but Pulte's feet and legs pretty much held him at bay.

140 Mixan over Reinke 5-4. Mixan did have a five point move, but looked like he had the fall. Reinke reversed Mixan but couldn't turn him at all. The semis match you noted needs top be clesred up. Yes, Fiala has two cotton balls in his nose, but thats a part of it. He pulled them out himself so the ref would stop the match. The ref missed a NF call as well. You must have overlooked that stuff though.

135 and 145. Both Gross wrestlers were out due to illness and injury, if they had been healthy those were two more in the finals, posiibly champions.

215. Browne over minardi. Borwne looked good. It appeared he was ready and Minardi wasn't might be closer, much closer next time.

Thats what i recall.
Rookie
Picture of The Genie
What was wrong with Prusha. I would have loved to see him get destroyed by Artist in the finals at 145. I believe that he really was injured, but it is wierd that it happens on a week when he would probably have taken a severe beating. In fact I think that he would have struggled with Kaster from FC, this kid is not getting enough credit this year, only loss is to Artist and he took him down twice.
<Guest>
prusha has been injured for almost 3 weeks. shows how much you pay attention to wrestling and who has kastler wrestled this year. in my opinion he'll get slaughtered at state. he lost to artist, who isn't that good
<GHSWRESLR>
IM a freshmen gross wrestlr and my i think prusha is domintaing the competition and no one is able to step up to face him and he should beback in time now and you just wait he well take anyone
<Guest>
Hopefully you have some English classes on schedule for your sophomore year. . .
<BC>
Gross did have some bad seeds in this tournament. Wrestling out of state hurt some of the hurts in the seeding of tournaments but watch out when state comes around. Look for the Gross cougars to be in the running for the runner-up trophy
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<What was wrong with Prusha. I would have loved to see him get destroyed by Artist in the finals at 145.>>

What exactly did Dru Prusha do to you that you would have "loved to see him get destroyed"?

Dru this year has defeated 2 state champions from last year (Wheaton and Etherton); and went 5-1 at "the Clash". Seems to me he can hang with about anyone at 145. Maybe he would have lost to Artist and maybe he would have won. But based on how he has done the rest of the year; I don't think he would have been "destroyed".
Rookie
Picture of The Genie
Did you see this Artist kid wrestle? Or have you ever seen him wrestle, because he is as good as I have seen, since Brett Allgood. Yes he did get taken down by Kaster but I think that he would have destroyed Prusha, jsut like he ended up doing to Kaster. I have nothing against Prusha, jsut against the whole Gross nation. Nothing personal just my thoughts. By the way nobody ever answered the key question, what is wrong with Prusha?
<Guest>
The only thing wrong with him is in his head. Pretty convenient time to take a little break from the action. Manages to avoid wrestling Wheaton at the Skutt dual when Wheaton is no longer hampered by an injury and avoids Artist as well. Will Prusha be miraculously cured before or after RCC duals. He cant run forever and B-2 is a barn burner.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
The question was answered; Dru has been injured for 3 weeks. He injured his arm at the David City tournament. It is unknown when or even if he is going to wrestle any further this year.