Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Plattsmouth Results
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Plattsmouth Results Login/Join

<guest4x4>
posted   Report This Post  
Do you think this freshmen dan pederson has what it takes to win finals
<guest4x4>
do you think pederson has a chance to win state
Rookie
Yahoo IM
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The argument could be that Kaster hasn't wrestled anyone, but I will say as well to look out for him at state. The kid is a hard worker, moves well on his feet, and uses his head when he wrestles. He may not have all of the fan fare, but when push comes to shove, I'd take him anyday!
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Pedersen has a chance.

He is still relatively unpolished as a wrestler. However, he is extremely powerful and has the what in boxing would be called the "punchers chance" in any match. I have read multiple times that "so and so is by far the strongest at 103" ... but I haven't seen anyone stronger than Dan ... with the possible exception of senior Grant Daniel. And Grant Daniel didn't have a big strength advantage, if any.

If Dan were as polished as Micah Chrisinger; I would say he would definately take state. But he is not ... so we will see.

Dan has already wrestled #1 (Micah Chrisinger) and #2 (Heath Stangl) in class B; and came out on the short end 9-5 and 6-4. We will see if that trend continues or Dan turns the corner.
<Guest>
if bergland hadnt made the mistake he made do you think he could have taken first or would he have had a chance with sutherland?
<Guest>
Pedersen has been wrestling for many years with the Bryan and Gross clubs. He probably has more matches in his career than any other 103 in class b. If he is not polished by now, he never will be.
<shath>
As many freshman wrestlers have discovered this year there is a large gap between the high school lever and the youth club level. Some seem to have adjusted just fine and are having no problems with it. But there is a gap nonetheless, there is a maturity factor and having to go against guys who know how to use their strength in a match. Give these freshman till state after they've lost a few matches and they'll be just fine.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<If he is not polished by now, he never will be.>>

It's true that Dan has been wrestling for quite some time. However ...

The quality of the coaching; and the amount of training at the high-school level is much greater than at the youth level, in my opinion. Practicing every night instead of every other night. Much fewer wrestlers than in a youth program so more individualized attention can be given. Bryan youth had over 100 wrestlers in the program when Dan was with them.

I have seen Dan significantly improve since the beginning of wrestling season. I have seen significant improvement since the Grand Island tournament a month and a half back. However, there is still plenty of room for improvement. So ... I guess I simply disagree with you on that point.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I may not have made myself clear. In some ways Pedersen is not polished. From the top position; I think he is already the best in the state. In other positions; he needs work.
<guest4x4>
cole rodas is sick with amonia do you think he well be better in time to make it to state
<guest4x4>
or will all his hard work just end