New
Find
Notify
Tools
RMN Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Great three days of wrestling out in Denver. Kansas brought a loaded dual team on Friday that had like 11 state champions-might be something for Nebraska to look at next year.

Austin Wilson-1st 18U. Just ran through everyone including a state champ from Kansas and a 5x from New Mexico in the finals. Should have gotten OW (he might have but I left before hand). Looking for good things from Austin at seniors.

Riedy lost 8-3 to Dani Fischer of Gilette WY in the finals.

Will Schany 1st 15U 156. Will wrestled great! Too bad his finals opponent got hurt against Chance Helmick of Beatrice in the semis and couldn't wrestle in the championship match. I believe Will would have won that one. Chance Helmick finished 4th wrestled very tough.

Doyle Trout was in the finals-didn't see the match.

I believe Joseph Hayek got 3rd in 15U. Lost to the highly touted Hayden Tuma of ID 6-2 on the front side. Joseph wrestled great in the matches I saw.

Taubenheim of Amherst wrestled tough all weekend-just fell short of placing by one match. Nearly beat Morin of Montana in the duals on Friday and Morin finished 2nd.

Colton Adams finished 4th 18U 119. Missed 112 weight by .8 pound so was giving up a bunch of weight. Lost close match to eventual winner Devan Cruz of CO in a tough bracket. The Utah State champ from Wasatch who was 3rd at Reno was smoked out of this bracket early and the Kansas state runner-up at 125 finished 5th. Beat Zac Gentzler of KS in the duals on Friday.

Pfeifer from Amherst was also wrestling late so I think he placed. Several Valentine kids were wrestling as well. Tough tournament!