Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Cadet Greco 1st Round
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cadet Greco 1st Round Login/Join

<RAT>
posted   Report This Post  
First tie breaker will be total points scored. By that I mean points that are awareded for wins and loses. 4Pts for pin or tf 3 pts for a decision, 1 pt for a loss if you score is a decision. Head to Head is probably about the 4th or 5th criteria.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Can't tell if LT won or not. They had him advancing in the bracket but had him losing 5-3 in the match.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Right now all Vacanti has to do is win his next match to advance to the finals. He has 22 points, the kid he's wrestling has 1 loss and has 20 points. VW has a real tough match but how cool would it be to see those two wrestle for the national title?

Thanks for the updates throughout the day. They are not updating regularly on themat.com so you are the best thing we have back here in the heatland, errr I mean Heartland! Wink

RR

World Champion
Picture of HB
Rocker I am not up in Fargo (wish I could be) As the Intermat state rep for Nebraska I have special privleges! Wink

Note to Rocker: Open mouth insert foot.

Anyway, I still appreciate the updates Big Grin

RR

World Champion
Picture of HB
themat.com is verifying that Switzer won that last match and will be a cadet greco AA. Awesome.

http://www.themat.com/pressbox/pressdetail.asp?aid=8019
<bunny05>
looks like all the training camp talk might get summed up in the greco finals sum1 said they saw matt tearing victor up londell told em diff i just heard hear say but looks like everything might get solved right were it should on the mat
good luck to both wrestlers even though vics my boy and im rootin for him all the way good luck and both of u guys did great hey might even getta treat and see this twice maybe in freestyle also then if we could get um in the same weight this year how great of a state finals match would that be

World Champion
Picture of HB
Call me a pessimist but Victor is wrestling the defending champion (tomorrow) and most outstanding wrestler of last year's freestyle tournament. Also Nickerson is rated #1 in the nation-VW is very good but this kid is a year older. It would be a huge upset if VW were to win but of course stranger things have happened. What may well happen is Vacanti will end up wrestling this same kid in the finals.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
The first tie breaker criteria is not the most classification points for the entire competition. Placement is determined when three wrestlers are remaining which go into the round robin bouts. The three remaining wrestlers wrestle each other and are no longer eliminated by a second defeat. Those three matches determine the placement. If the wrestlers have meet earlier in the competition, the results from that match are brought forward and the wrestlers will not wrestle a second time. The wrestler that wins both round robin matches must be declared the winner of his pool and advances to the championship match. If there is a three way tie at one win, one loss, then the classification points earned in the round robin only are used to determine the winner. If there still is a tie then you go to the following tie breaker criteria, in order:

• The most classification points for the entire competition.
  • The most victories.
  • The most victories by fall.
  • The most victories by technical fall.
  • The most victories that earn 4 classification points to 0, not including technical falls. (falls, defaults, forfeits, etc.)
  • The most victories by decision (1 to 9 points).
  • The fewest defeats.

If the criteria has not solved the tie, the three wrestlers are ranked by the least amount of time of the falls or technical falls.

If the tie is still not broken, the number of technical points scored by each wrestler in the round robin bouts determines placement.

If the tie is still not broken, the wrestlers are weighed and the lightest wrestler wins.

In the event of a two way tie, head to head determines the placement.
<bunny05>
looks like all the training camp talk might get summed up in the greco finals sum1 said they saw matt tearing victor up londell told me diff i just heard hear say but looks like everything might get solved right were it should on the mat
good luck to both wrestlers even though vics my boy and im rootin for him all the way good luck and both of u guys did great hey might even getta treat and see this twice maybe in freestyle also then if we could get um in the same weight this year how great of a state finals match would that be
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Brett Ambrosino from Illinois is in the Cadet finals at 145 lbs. Craig Pokorny beat Ambrosino a couple of years ago at Regionals.
<Guest>
And your point is?
<Fan>
I think his point is that had Pokorny been healthy Nebraska would have had another All American.

Whats your point, guest?

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on July 21, 2003 at 10:09 AM.]

World Champion
Picture of HB
Round Robin
Vacanti wins 9-7. Wrestles in the pool championship next.

VW is on the other side in the other pool championship. If they both win they wrestle tonight for the national title. If they both lose they wrestle each other for 3rd/4th.

Saw on TheMat.com that they were having problems again this morning. Any ideas as to what?

When will the last of the roun robin matches be?

Just went over there and looks like the 1:30 update is out the window but appears they will be broadcasting the championship matches at 5:00

http://www.virginiawrestling.com/mto/webcast.html

RR

World Champion
Picture of HB
Switzer finishes no worse than 4th.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Vacanti wins 10-5; wrestles for national title tongight

Weideman got beat 13-2 wrestles for 3rd/4th

McCoy tech falls-goes for 3rd/4th

Switzer goes for 3rd/4th
<Guest>
Vacanti blacked out during the match with the kid from PA.
<Guest>
Victor is a second year cadet, therefore Nickerson cannot be a year older.