Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Sports Illustrated article: Wrestling on the RISE!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sports Illustrated article: Wrestling on the RISE! Login/Join

NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
posted   Report This Post  
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...restling.popularity/

Great article here by Callahan!

I'm combing the internet today looking for the positives of wrestling programs in high schools across the nation..... I'm finding some good stuff!

Rick Henry

Rookie
Picture of myred65
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
So if colleges are dropping wrestling programs (cough couch UNO) where are all of these wrestlers going after high school? To most of these kids, wrestling was a way into college where they could then hopefully leave with an education. It is no different then band or drama. It probably isn't something you are going to do professionally after college but it is something that gets you into college and keeps you there through the rough times as well as the good times.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Since '99 there has been a little over 70 college programs added. The loss of programs has primarily occured on the west coast and DI. If you live in this area a high school wrestlers has a lot of options to contunie their career.
Junior High
Junior High
sorry chief you beat me to it