Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    2005 USA Middle School Duals - Results
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
2005 USA Middle School Duals - Results Login/Join

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks again for the update LG, tell the boys to go get 'em for the Bronze!!

How many teams were in the tournament to start with?

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Team Nebraska vs. IKWF Silver

070 lbs. Shawn Nagel Walter Piech Dec 5-3
075 lbs. Keagon Blanco Jayme Oster Dec 3-8
080 lbs. Dusty Stodola Billy Chancey Dec 4-2 OT
085 lbs. Ryan Pohlman Cody Klaver Dec 2-3
090 lbs. Zach Cottle Jake Gregerson TF 16-1 2nd Period. Gregerson was undefeated.
095 lbs. Wesley Negley Mike Murphy Dec 7-0
100 lbs. Seth Stender Brent Stronach Dec 2-7. Fought extremely hard and did not give up the pin at the end.
105 lbs. Tyler Gifford Justin Farmer Dec 5-4 DOT All I can say is WOW. That was a match.
110 lbs. David Laughlin Mark Stenberg Dec 0-3
115 lbs. Cord Ashburn Adam Heimer Dec 14-13 Cord wrestled an incredible match. Should be OW for the tournament.
120 lbs. Dustin Payne Devon Johnson LF1:10 Was up 2-0 and got caught.
125 lbs. Nick Mizaur Jermaine McKnight LF 4:23
130 lbs. Michael Klinginsmith Mike Parker Dec 5-0. Great Match. Gives him All American.
135 lbs. Tanner Sturgeon Jahwon Akui LF 1:20
140 lbs. TJ Allard Brandon Ward LF 2:01
150 lbs. Trevor Wiebelhaus Dustin Zaayer LF 3:38
160 lbs. Cory Devine Ryan Robinson LF 2:42
175 lbs. Andrew Lemmer Mario Gonzalez MD 2-13
190 lbs. Nate Westerby Scott Baleskie TF 17-2
215 lbs. Ronald Coleman Chris Brassell Dec 0-7
275 lbs. Colton Harper Kevin Fredericks Dec 0-1

Final Team Score 27-58

Tm Nebr. lsot a Tm Point for throwing Headgear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Let's Grapple,
Junior Varsity
We're doing our best. Got a little down on the last dual. IKWF Gold should win hands down. Our 3 losses are 2 to IKWF Gold and the other to Indiana Gold that is going back to face IKWF Gold again.

We'll be up big time for this one.

IKWF Silver is losing to Indiana Gold 50+ - 24. Their @ 275 right now. We lost to Indiana Gold 62-38. We definately have a shot at the bronze.
Junior Varsity
We finished 4th.

Had 5 All Americans

Cord Ashburn 9-0 Outstanding Wrestler
Zach Cottle 7-1
Shawn Nagel 6-2
Michael Klinginsmith 6-2
Ronald Coleman 6-2

Got to go, had fun. See you in Nebraska.

Well done Team Nebraska, thanks for representing us so well.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Congratulations to all the wrestlers on Team Nebraska and to Fred for putting together an excellent team producing one of Nebraska's best finishes.
Novice
Great job guys. 4th duplicates our finish of last year and show we can compete with the best. Congrat's to all coaches and wrestlers for a job well done.
NCAA Champion
All I can say is ....."What a weekend"...it was a lot more than I expected. I would like to thank my 5 coaches: Larry Cottle (right hand man and incredible stat guy), Ron Coleman (great coaching, very inspirational for the kids), John Klinginsmith (great coaching and doing anything that needed to be done), Nick Mizaur (again very good coaching and helped keep things together), Willie Schwartzkopf (great coaching and great composure even in tough matches. The West is lucky to have him).

I would like to thank all the parents again for the food and doing anything we asked them to do. We couldn't have done it without your help. Making sure the kids got food in between rounds was a hugh plus for keeping our kids energy levels up.(there's no breaks at the tournament for 2 days straight)

Another big thanks to Nebraska USA wrestling for paying for our entry fee ($700)....that was a big help and greatly appreciated.

The biggest thanks is to the boys that came to wrestle. Some of you gave up "mat master" status to come join a team and proudly represent your great state. Every wrestling fan in Nebraska can hold their head up high and be very proud of what these kids accomplished. Their hearts where so hugh and especially against Ohio USA (the best team from Ohio)....words can not depict what went on in that dual. These kids really came together and will remember each other forever with a common bond knowing that they accomplished great things last weekend.

In closing....all I can say is look out Indiana, cause half of these kids have already committed themselves to the schoolboy dual team in June....and we have 11 kids coming back on the dual team next year and I predict to be in the championship match against Illinois. That would be the best finish of all times....we will do it...remember I said that.

Fred Franklin
Rookie
Great job guyz and coaches!!!
Rookie
Congratulations to all the boys who made the trip , it was alot of fun and I think we all learned something, Nebraska Wrestling is alive and well also has a very brite future. Good luck to all the 8th graders on their quest for the Quest Center as freshman. I will be looking foward to next year.
Rookie
Lets Grapple , can we get you to post everyones over all records for the weekend also thank you for your hard work with all the stats.
thanks alot, Willie
Junior Varsity
Extreme 1,

I tweeked the Stat sheet last night to bring together all the matches that were wreslted this weekend.

I'm still missing some matches for our alternates. If you have any info regarding them please forward. I believe I'm missing all matches wrestled on Day 2.

I'll work on getting what I have to this point, posted today.