Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    2010-2011 Undefeated Wrestlers by Class/Weight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
2010-2011 Undefeated Wrestlers by Class/Weight Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
215 Jake Nichelson, Ashland-Greenwood, 15-0
Class B
Rookie
Whether a wrestler changes weights really shouldn't be anyone's business but their own. Calling out a high school kid is a little immature in my opinion. I don't remember anyone calling out the defectors from class B 135 last year when Stender moved down. In fact HB seemed he was in favor of Kasik and Bryant jumping up to 140.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Who called out anybody? If this gets personal I'll be the first one to put the stop to it. Stender actually moved down last year to help his team because it allowed them to have a better overall lineup.

Please justify how Central City is a better team with Bolling at 125 and Knight out of the lineup?
Junior Varsity
Back too you HB. I also would like to know how CC is a better team with Eric Knight out of the lineup.

Bolling at 119 placing no worse than 2nd.
Knight at 125 placing no worse than 4th and I say better than that.

Even this last tournament CC finished with less than 200 points. CC was scoring over 200 I believe with Knight in the lineup.

So, the Coach gives up a legitimate shot in placing in the top 3 to not placing. Wow, if I were the coach I wouldn't let that happen.

The team gets together at the beginning of the year and decide their weights and that is where it stays. It is a team effort after that.

Just my 2 cents.

LG
Rookie
Agree with Let's Grapple and HB. Someone please tell me how Central City is better with Eric Knight out of the lineup?
Junior Varsity
Does anyone know who Central City has on the Roster that is undefeated, other than Connor Bolling?

Who does Grand Island have that is undefeated?

Thanks,

LG
Rookie
160 C Clay Konicek West point lost to Studebacker RC at Wilbur duals
undefeated:
Connor Bolling Central City 23-0
Kevin Smith Central City 10-0 (135)
Austin Wilson St. Cecilia 24-0 (160)
Travis Maresh Central City 24-0 (160)
Tyson Sutton Central City 23-0 (189)
Matt Costello St. Paul 17-0 (215)
Garrett Johns Aurora 21-0 (285)
Junior Varsity
Thanks Mojo #2,

Everyone appreciates your input. I believe I have all your information posted. Let me know when you come up with any other info.

Respectfully,

LG
Rookie
Scottsbluff undefeated at this point
Colton Adams 20-0
Terrance Hessler 8-0
Tyler Nation 20-0
Willie Schwartzkopf 19-0
Thursday have home dual against Gering, will be alot better than the first one. Then off to Green River for Dual Tournament Fri-Sat. Hope to get some good matches there.
Junior Varsity
Thanks Xtreme 1 for the record updates. I hope your son continues to do well. I will look for you at State. Smile

LG
NCAA Champion
Let's see...... What does a team get for placing 3rd at state? Hmmmmm....NOTHING.

With Knight rated 5th at 125 there are no guarantees he will place at all. Anyone who knows wrestling can tell you that placing 5th or 6th at state is just the luck of the draw in most cases.

Let's say a 6th place finisher (at 125) scores about 12 or 13 points for their team....someone can get a better count by looking it up.

Let's say Bolling loses to Gilman (at 119) which means about 4 or 6 points less for second place.

That means there's only about a 6 to 8 point difference between Bolling going 119 versus 125.

If Knight were rated 3 or higher and seemed a for sure top 3 then it would be a different story.

It appears as though Skutt has 5 guys rated in the top 3. That alone is a lot of points. They have a 6th guy rated 5th. Three of the 5 are probably state champs. Although that's only 6 placers (average amount for what it usually takes to win state), it would take a normal team 8 or more placers to be able to score what they will probably score as a team. Central City has a possible 7 wrestlers with Knight in the lineup and some of those are questionable with 4, 5 and 6 ratings. I know lots of people want to take down the giant but don't see that happening this year.

IMO, Gilman doesn't need to prove anything by wrestling against Bolling. Gilman is probably the best in the Country at 119...so be it.

IMO, Bolling doesn't need to prove anything by wrestling against Gilman. The boy would like to eventually be a 4 time state champion and I don't blame him one bit.

IMO, Bolling isn't afraid of Gilman. If he decides to wrestle at 125, then it's just to put himself in a better opportunity to get his 3rd state title. I would just say Bolling has a better shot at getting his 3rd state title at 125 than at 119.

If he wants to wrestle Gilman then wrestle him all he wants during the off-season. I'm sure Gilman would love the partners to spar with.

So, I wish those of you calling out Bolling (and yes that is exactly what you are doing) would please stop. You can paint it in your mind all you want but realistically CC probably doesn't have the bullets to take out the giant this year. I know you want to see a match up but let's remember there's a lot of pressure on these kids enough as it is. Have fun with this thread but keep it where it should be.

I'm not trying to be critical of anyone on here.

I hope both Gilman and Bolling are state champions this year. However that happens it happens.

Just my 3 cents LG Smile Brother from another mother! Smile
Rookie
Glad somebody wrote what I have been thinking.
Everybody wants to see Bolling and Gilman matchup at state. And I agree it would be great, but why is Bolling wrestling 125 so wrong. To me this is no different than a coach moving people to win a dual. The state tournament is not used to decide the best wrestler in the state but the best at a weight. If I were Bolling I would keep my certification at 119 and decide at district weighin. With all the technology we have today Im sure someone could let Gilman know before he weighs in. Both are great wrestlers and should be left to make their own decisions.
Rookie
Maxwell's Seth Crane(171) is still undefeated at I believe 23-0. Elwood Quad coming up Thursday and the always tough Sandhills Invite in Dunning on Saturday.
Rookie
class a: Schroeder and Contreras lost at Prep Invite.
White and Molina are 20-0 now
Rookie
Does anyone know for sure that Eric Knight cant make 119 and him a Bolling will flip flop ....
Junior Varsity
Thanks MaxCat & bjohns26, it is now updated.

LG
Rookie
Can someone tell me why White, Molina, Adams and Wilson are listed in bold? It's been bugging me for a while.
Junior Varsity
Yep I can, it is my own personal prediction for the State Title. Similar to HB's picks, just not nearly indepth.

These are wrestlers that I have seen wrestle over the years & I believe they are the odds on favorite.

If this offends anyone at all. I will delete it. Unless I have some people that are in favor of my predictions.

LG

quote:
Originally posted by Let's Grapple:
Yep I can, it is my own personal prediction for the State Title. Similar to HB's picks, just not nearly indepth.

These are wrestlers that I have seen wrestle over the years & I believe they are the odds on favorite.

If this offends anyone at all. I will delete it. Unless I have some people that are in favor of my predictions.

LG

You started the topic, have been doing a great job keeping it updated and now have explained your reasoning for the "bolds". I think it's great and urge you to keep it up!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
Hessler dropped 2 yesterday, nation lost 5-4,