Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Worse Seed at Districts to make it to State

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Worse Seed at Districts to make it to State Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of superman_130
posted   Report This Post  
I'm just wondering what is the worse seeded wrestler in their district that made it to state?
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I had heard there were some unseeded wrestlers to make it in from the district at Amhearst. I wasn't there but heard the broadcast on the radio and if memory serves me correctly they commented that I believe 2 made it in that way. Like I said- could be incorrect as I was trying to watch the road. Doing that and listening to wrestling can be dangerous just an FYI Smile
Rookie
Ethan Kenney from Amherst got in as a 16th seed. He wrestled an awesome meet and got 3rd at 160. He peaked when he needed to and is now going down to Omaha.
Novice
We had a 7th seed win the 119 c-2 District. But there were 8 guys all pretty good. That bracket left the #1, #3, and #4 seed home.

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
Wrestlers Glock and Karpisek from Aquinas both qualified for state from the #9 seed. Both had to wrestle the top seeded wrestler in the quarters and fight their way back for medals.
Rookie
Henry, 160 also left the 1st and 2nd seed wrestlers home. I lost my records sheets but if I remember correctly both 119 and 160 had very respectable records.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
I think 16th seed is the worst that they come...Congrats Ethan, that's amazing.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.