Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    HUSKERMAT CONVENTION UPDATE-please reserve this thread for headcount
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
HUSKERMAT CONVENTION UPDATE-please reserve this thread for headcount Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
I called Old Chicago and told them we were coming after the semis on Friday night. They don't have private party rooms and don't have a charge. They would seat us together in the back of the room. They asked me how many would be coming and I stabbed at 40-50. With that number they wanted us to have a pizza and salad buffet. They said that many people would overload their kitchen at that time of night. I don't understand that because if we all walked in individually we wouldn't overload their kitchen. If I don't get a fair number of responses in this thread I will call them and tell them to cancel the buffet and we will take our chances with finding an open corner.

I called Old Mattress Factory. They have two private rooms available on Friday afternoon before the semis. They have a $250 charge for the big room (accommodates 200) which we could probably negotiate down to $150. The small room accommadates 25 and costs $75. They were still available last Friday but I don't know if they will still be open.

Alf said he would go to Old Mattress Factory and suggested everybody throw in a couple of bucks at the door to cover the $75 in the small room. I did not reserve it as Alf is the only one who has responded. I will go to both sites.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH SITE YOU WILL ATTEND. YOU AREN'T SIGNING A CONTRACT. I JUST WANT TO GET A ROUGH IDEA OF HOW MANY WILL BE AT EACH PLACE.
PLEASE RESERVE THIS THREAD FOR REPORTING WHICH SITE YOU WILL ATTEND. IF YOU HAVE OTHER COMMENTS PLEASE POST THEM ON THE OTHER THREAD. THANK YOU
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Friday afternoon is going to work better for me, and I'd be happy to toss a couple of bucks in to help pay for the room at the OMF.

My station itinerary is up to four and could be six by this weekend, so I may not have anything left in the tank for a post-B&G gathering.

(B&G = Blood & Guts)

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

I got a rock...

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
hey, how the heck did you get that rock. That rock looks like my rock. I've been lookin' for that rock since the last time I needed a rock. I shoulda known you had my rock. Now what was it again that I wanted a rock for? Roll Eyes

Did I miss just where Old Chicago is from the Qwest? I'll presume its simple to just walk there. Count me in at one of these places. I'm with Mike, I'll prefer Friday afternoon between sessions.

Novice
Picture of Coach B
Since I play host and tour guide for my folks when they come to town, I had better vote for the afternoon. Though, if I show up with a head lamp on, don't be alarmed. I was simply trying to read my program up in my dimly lit seat.

Rookie
Picture of ALF
I'm in for Friday afternoon. Probably have about 4-5 other "aliens" with me.
Novice
Picture of cubbie
KRAIG AND AMANDA PETERSON WILL ATTEND THE OMF JUST TO SEE IF MIKEY REALLY HAS 2 BUCKS
Novice
You could probably count on 2 for me for the mattress factory.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Cubbie...it all depends on how I do in the poker room at the Horseshoe. If things don't go well...you might have to chip in for me.
rotfl

Rookie
Sounds like a good time, count me in.
Either place, would prefer Old Mattress in afternoon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cowcatcher,
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by cowcatcher:
Sounds like a good time, count me in.

Which place? Old Mattress Pactory in afternoon, Old Chicago after semis, or both?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Frank, not having been to either of these places, which is closer to the front door of the Qwest? I'm presuming both are within walking. IMO, from the limited responses this is getting we really don't need a room at either place. I'm still voting for Friday afternoon between sessions.

Junior High
I will be there with a court order to gain entry and prevent harassment. But where are we meeting?

World Champion
Picture of HB
HB will be there with Neil H tagging along.
Novice
Just for clarification, Old Mattress Factory is a couple blocks west of the qwest, just off 13th and Cass. Old Chicago is south of the qwest about 6 blocks, and up the street on Harney. It's on the corner of 11th and Harney.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
OMF is a lot closer than OC. I'll definitely be at OMF.

By the way -- do they have pillows at the Old Mattress Factory???

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
OMG, OMF, BYOP.

Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
How about OMF Friday afternoon....and Hooters Friday night?...Is that a dead giveaway that I'm now on the single scene again?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
John...as a fellow single guy, trust me...what they got at Hooters, you don't want...unless things have changed since the last time I was there.

The food there isn't bad, though...

Rookie
Careful my daughter works there