Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Certification

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Certification Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
posted   Report This Post  
Just a quick question that I have no answer for. If a wrestler did not certify before the break, even though he wrestled the last tournament before the break, would he be allowed to certify at a lower weight than the weight he wrestled at the last tournament? By reading the rules he could. What are your thoughts.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
With late certification, on the form you must cite a reason why the wrestler is certifying late. It is then up to NSAA to decide whether or not it is an acceptable reason. I think you are supposed to inform them as soon as possible of your situation. This step might make it a smoother decision for them. Just my $.02.

Rick Henry
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
I don't think he can because he participated in an event, but the best answer would come from Bob Colgate.
<Facts>
If Colgate looks at the fact that VW wrestled Tuesday night at 112, the rules would then dictate that VW is now certified at 112. Well see if he stands up for whats right.
Rookie
Maybe he weighed in and certified at 103 and bumped to 112?.?.?.?
<NEED>
Why would he have to still certify then?
<JMoore>
If a wrestler did not certify before x-mas, yet wrestled before x-mas, then he's toast. However, maybe he got hurt early in December and was planning on certifying later in December, then he could certify after x-mas (using a late certification form explaing the circumstances) at his first weigh-in. You don't have to wrestle to certify....if injured you could still weigh-in for certification purposes.
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
So if a wrestler didn't certify before Christmas, isn't eligible for whatever reason for a late certification, can he still wrestle the remainder of the season? Does it just make him ineligible for District competition?
<Big Red>
Since you can't wrestle below your certified weight after the deadline, how could you wrestle at all if you failed to certify by the rules?
Rookie
I think by the spirit of the law you are supposed to certify before Christmas. Therefore if you wrestle the last competition your school participates in before Christmas you should have to be certified and not able to certify late. However the rule does not specifically say that so someone could probably get around it if they wanted to bad enough.

As far as not certifying and wrestling, if a wrestler does not certify he does not have a minimum weight. He can wrestle where ever he wants to/can get to. However an uncertified wrestler, by the rules can not wrestle in district or State competition (unless he is from Scottsbluff).
<Dadio>
VW weighed 108 at the Millard North Dual
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
I think by the spirit of the rule your certification would be the last weight you wrestled before christmas. You would have to weigh in at scratch for that weight on a late form then explain why you did not certify before. But by looking at the rule you could get around this with a good enough explanation.
State Qualifier
Scratch weight