Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Products for new weight rules

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Products for new weight rules Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
You can purchase them from M.E.S.
The information is on the ad at the top of the forum. Make sure you tell them you saw the ad on Huskermat to get free shipping.
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I have used the body fat test machine before and it was pretty close to the body fat calibrator test that was done on me. The calibrator is the pinching piece of equipment that measure fat on the abdomen, chest, and thigh for males. I think the two test results were within a couple percentage points of one another, but the calibrator test is pretty subjective depending on how experienced the tester is. The water displacement test is much more accurate, but too tough to use on so many high school athletes since most cities don't have one.
Novice
Picture of Lovesee
The scale that is being offered is just that--a digital scale for home use. If you need to know to the nearest .1 of a pound (which most wrestlers do)then this scale is the way to go. The scales used by schools are around $600. So, they are usually too expensive for at home use. This scale has been used at numerous national and local meets as the "official" scale. We have always used ours at home and on the road during 2 day tournaments--knowing how much you can eat the night before day 2 is invaluable. Best scale I've seen.

The body fat analyzer is intended for home use as well. The way it works is through electrical impedance. An electrical signal that you cannot feel is sent into your body and it estimates body fat from body water (as different tissues such as muscle and fat, have different amount of water in them), and therefore cause a difference resistance to this very weak current sent by the analyzer. It is proven more accurate than skinfold testing. However, this unit is designed to help a wrestler understand where they are at before "D" day. The new rules make "Crash" weight loss a thing of the past--know where you are at and how you can get there while maintaining the 7% body fat. The body fat monitor comes with a book entitled Body Logic--Guide to Wellness, Fitness and Nutrition. It will tell you which vitamins and minerals are essential for adequat hydration and body fat. Basically, it helps you better get to the weight you want the right way.

Also, if interested, I have test strips ordered that measure hydration. I should have them in soon. Each Hydration kit will include 50 test strips, a sample collection cup, complete instructions, a color chart for reading results, and a card for recording results. They come 50 strips to a bottle for $39.95.

e-mail me at dlovesee@mesteam.com if you have any questions about any of these products.

I added these items to my website. www.mesteam.com Click on catalog, then wrestling products, then whichever item you are interested in. The website will charge you for shipping. So, call them in, mention the ad and save the freight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovesee,
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
That is the same scale we have used at home for the last four years . It has been used daily by many family members and many wrestlers when the high dollar school scale went wacky on road trips ,with zero problems .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger