Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    My Thoughts

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My Thoughts Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
I am disappointed with many of the things which have been posted on this forum. I don’t know how many have been from my wrestlers but I am sure they are responsible for some of them. I would really appreciate it if the trash talking would stop, especially when it concerns East Wrestling or East Wrestlers. I don’t mind somebody like highcrotch making a case for Caleb or Joey to be in the Elite 30 as long as it is not at somebody else’s expense. I just don’t see any reason to put another wrestler down on this or any other site.

Anybody who steps on the mat to take on another individual in a one on one combative competition deserves a great deal of credit. They certainly don’t deserve to be demeaned on this forum!! It is my opinion that it is always best to be humble. The cliché “Pride cometh before the fall” can be ever so true. Believe me I know that it is a short and easy fall from the top to the bottom. If you are a successful wrestler, enjoy it, you are fortunate, but always realize that many people have helped you reach that height, without the help of your teammates, your coaches, your parents and your many other supporters you would never be where you are. This is true for coaches also. I am well aware of how I would never have been able to accomplish any of the things I have without the help of a multitude of people, these include my family, my many mentors, my wrestlers, my friends and my fellow coaches. Some of the coaches who read this forum have been my mentors and others have been my role models. I have learned from many of you and for that I am grateful.

Much of the trash talking from or about East wrestlers is in relation to Lincoln Northeast. Well I want to go on the record as saying that LNE had done an excellent job and has developed a super tough team. Coach Borchers and Coach Neumann not only had a super team this year, they have built a foundation so that they will have a tough team for many years to come. I have noticed on this board that many of their wrestlers have been wrestling this spring and this will only make them even tougher next year. There has also been quite a bit of talk about my son and Miles Marshall. Again I want to go on the record as saying that I think Miles is a super wrestler. When you consider that he has only been wrestling for a few years that makes his accomplishments even more amazing. Do I think that Keenan was fortunate to beat Miles in the state finals? Yes!!! Rare few individuals or teams win state championships without breaks. Does this mean I think Keenan did not deserve to win? NO!!!! I thought both Keenan and Miles wrestled an excellent match, Keenan was fortunate enough to win but it could have easily went the other way. To acknowledge this is only to be honest. As to the guy who wrote that Miles is no good on his feet, I would tell you that he took Keenan down about three times in their first match. Humility is almost always the honest understanding of any situation. If you believe that you are the author of your own fate, the master of your own destiny you are truly deceived.

Now to those of you who will comment that I am just writing these things because I think Keenan might to lose to Miles or I think East might lose to LNE, you are partially right. I do think Keenan might lose to Miles and I do think East might lose to Lincoln Northeast, I totally realize that for Keenan to beat Miles or for East to beat LNE we will have to be fortunate. I know that we are not the masters of our own fate, the authors of our own destiny. I know that we are working hard and that we will keep working hard, but I also know that we will have to be fortunate to beat any individuals or any teams. Keenan will probably wrestle Miles several more times in their careers and I know we will wrestle LNE many times, I hope that we are competitive, I know we will be working hard. I believe that both victories and defeats can be blessings. Yes I lose my perspective and yes I get upset, but I do truly believe even defeats can be blessings. For one thing they can keep us humble and teach us that we are not the authors of our own fates and the masters of our own destinies.

So I would ask you all (especially East wrestlers) to please stop the trash talking, please do not use this forum to demean another wrestler or coach or team or anyone.

Sincerely,

Marty McCurdy
<Raiderfan>
posted   Report This Post  
Thank you for your response. I have been feeling somewhat guilty for starting the thread about the Elite 30. This forum doesn't generally end up at the level this topic has fallen to, so I felt safe posting that topic here. I apologize for that. Anytime someone gets left off a list like that controversy is bound to arise. I was hoping to create discussion on the reasons why someone should or shouldn't be on the list, and much of the discussion has been very informative, but we seem to have gotten off on a tangent that won't lead to positive discussion. As I said at the top of my post, this class is absolutely dominating, and to limit it to 30 wrestlers leaves many quality kids off the list. I actually am at 34 and counting! Thanks again for your comments, and good luck with your program.

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
After reading the elite 30 seniors last night I was about half tempted to delete the whole thread. Then I thought about asking them to stop the trash or take it to the Neb. Prep board. Maybe they will read this and tone it down a bit.

RR