Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    NSAA survey

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NSAA survey Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Report This Post  
What do you guys think?
The NSAA put out a survey to see if we like the varsity vs. varsity rule for districts.

I don't like it for selfish reasons. Did it mess with anybody? Does anybody think it should pass?

I want to get some input before I say.
I am inclined to say I oppose it, because I think eventually teams will stop inviting JV teams to their tourneys.

???
Rookie
Picture of PJNingen
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Personally, I didn't like the rule. It didn't promote the JV wrestler, and it put varsity wrestlers in a lose-lose situation when they wrestled a JV guy in a varsity tournament. Bottom line is, the rules should create a positive environment for all the wrestlers. This rule does not.
Novice
Shannon I did not receive this survey. When did you get this? I am totally opposed to the new rule that was enacted last year, that when a varsity wrestler wrestles a JV wrestler it can’t be counted on the varsity wrestler’s varsity record. I intend to send an e-mail to Mr. Colgate objecting to the rule. I hope I get a chance to respond to this survey. I am on spring break so maybe it is at my school and I just have not received it yet. I hope everybody responds against this new rule, I think it hurts everybody. The small schools can’t count their matches against the larger school JVs and if they choose to drop these large schools from their tournaments it will definitely hurt the larger schools.
Junior High
My AD brought it to me first thing this morning.
I don't know when he got it, but it said immediate attention. Due by April 4th.
The Board NSAA meets April 7-8
<Dr.UNK>
posted   Report This Post  
Why wasn't a survey sent out last year before they enacted this stupid law. It hurts everyone involved. I know of at least three tournaments last year where they did not allow jv wrestler compete.
Rookie
I also did not receive said survey. If someone would be willing to fax me a copy, I would appreciate it.

Fax to Tecumseh High School
402-335-3346
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Was sent to your AD. My AD is out of town. The secratary gave it to me and asked if I thought it was important enough to fill out now.
Totally against it. Voiced my opinion last year.
Junior High
I totally agree with Dr. UNK
How did this get by? Obviously someone wanted it put in. But who? and Why?
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Got our form this am. Faxing in in a few minutes.

Here are my thoughts...If a wrestler is entered as part of the varsity team their matches count as varsity matches on their record regardless of who lthey wrestle. If the wrestler is entered as a part of a JV team or wrestles unattached their matches should count as JV matches.

quote:
Originally posted by Vegas Kid:
Got our form this am. Faxing in in a few minutes.

Here are my thoughts...If a wrestler is entered as part of the varsity team their matches count as varsity matches on their record regardless of who lthey wrestle. If the wrestler is entered as a part of a JV team or wrestles unattached their matches should count as JV matches.

But, but, but, but, but, that would make too much sense!!! Big Grin

I hope they come to their senses and go with what VK posted or something very similar. Otherwise I agree with TMF that this rule will essentially eliminate JV teams helping to fill out smaller school's tournaments and in my opinion will more than likely be a death sentence for a lot of them.

Could they actually get 2 things right in 1 meeting next week???

Let's hope so.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
State Qualifier
I don't like the logoc (or lack thereof) of saying if a school doesn't have a wrestler in a weight class his opponent can accept the forfeit and count it as a win. But if he beats a JV from that school, who may be nearly equal to the varsity wrestler, he can't count that win.
Junior High
very good point mr ryan