Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    World Championships
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
World Championships Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
Sanderson and Varner advance to bronze medal match and qualifies U.S. for Olympics at 84 kg and 96 kg
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Live today on ESPN3.com

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
State Qualifier
Watching it now.
State Qualifier
Sanderson loses 1-0, 3-0
State Qualifier
Varner wins
State Qualifier
Last day to win a gold in mens freestyle. Teyon Ware is out so our only hope is Burroughs or Dlagnev. Burroughs is in the semi's and Tervel is 2-0 as of now.
State Qualifier
Tervel just won and is now in the semi's. He defended the leg clinch in the 3rd period to win.

Keep it going Tervel.

USA USA USA USA USA
State Qualifier
Taymazov of Uzbekistan whom Tervel beat is a 2X World Champion from what their saying.
State Qualifier
Burroughs in the finals.
State Qualifier
Just got off work at 8 a.m. and was planning on taking a nap before our fall USA meeting at 11 a.m. but I'm pumped now so got to see if Tervel makes it to the finals.

Hope they don't mind me taking a nap during our meeting.

COME ON TERVEL, LET'S GET IT !!!!!!!!
State Qualifier
Darn it, Tervel loses. Lost 1-0, 1-0 by 2 ball draws, he will go for bronze later today.
Novice
Tervel lost 4 ball draws in a row. Two in the quarters and two in the semis. Thankfully he was able to defend in the 3rd period in the quarters. In the semis, the wrestler from Belarus took no shots. Tervel was in deep on a couple low level shots but couldn't finish. All of these foreigners do absolutely nothing if they win the 1st period. Take their chances on the ball draw in the 2nd. Looks more like a track meet sometimes than a wrestling match.
Novice
I am glad I woke up at 6:45 to listen to Burroughs defeat Tsargush from Russia. He was a world champ in 2009 and 2010.

Also, the guy from Uzbekistan that Tervel beat in the quarters was a 3x Olympic medalist and 3x World medalist. Tervel had never beaten him before until today.
Novice
Matcat,

Where is the USA wrestling meeting at today?
State Qualifier
G.I. Senior High School @ 11: a.m.
State Qualifier
Burroughs is World Champion. Awesome match.

U-S-A

U-S-A

U-S-A
Novice
Tervel loses his bronze medal match in 3 periods to the Georgian. Went to a ball draw in the 3rd period and guess what, it wasn't tervel's color. Georgian scored a point on the push out.

I haven't seen Tervel's first two matches today. However, in the quarters, semis, and finals there were a total of 5 ball draws. None of them came out with Tervel getting the advantage in the leg clinch. I hate the leg clinch.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
Novice
6 ball grabs......what odds

No body wants to wrestle trevel, always hoping for ball grabs. Better this year then next to have that kind of luck, but goes to show...have to take care of things when you can control it (reg time). I look for Tervel to have a great shot at Olympic gold next year...He beat the toughest guy at his weight.

Pretty good showing by USA... alot better then years past. Can Burrougs win again now that everyone has seen him? can cael get bcak to being Cael? Varner compete that well at the toughest (most credintialed weight) in the World, or can JD Bergman? can Tervel put it away and win Gold? does Metcalf step up? does Cedujo wrestle again and be Cedujo?

America is right there again with Russia, 75% of those things happen and the US wins the Olympic frestyle competition.
Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
The USA has a LOT of work to do!!