Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    No Geddings vs Janovich

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No Geddings vs Janovich Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Geddings not cleared by Dr. to wrestle tonight due to leg infection. Might not wrestle next weekend either.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I don't think it would've mattered if Geddings could have wrestled tonight. Janovich is in another league/level. I've seen both this season and the entire Class A 189lb'ers should be grateful Gretna is Class B.
Props go to Austin Johnson on his win tonight though.
Rookie
Thorrulz- Mr Satterwhite. May I ask were have seen Janovich Wrestle other then thur in ssc
Rookie
I will say if you see him once it is all you need to say he is a stud. I watched him destroy and I mean destroy two rated class A kids this weekend. He is a the real deal.
Rookie
Miracle Worker I agree Janovich Is a good wrestler no doubt. My point to thorrulz is Janovich wrestled a jv kid in SSC on thurs nite that lasted all of .27 sec So is every kid that beats a jv kid in 27 sec on another level/league .Taking nothing away from Janovich cause he has beaten some of the best.But i do not beleive thorrulz has seen him wrestle but the .27 in SSC against a jv kid
Junior High
^^^^

I feel like I need a decoder ring to deciper this message.
Junior High
Just out of curiosity; which class A kids did he beat this weekend?
Rookie
WrestlingDad25, my observation about Janovich comes from the Boystown Invite which I was able to attend because I was visiting the relatives during that particular weekend. I follow Gretna more closely than most other H.S.'s because that's where Dan Krajicek attended.
If you know anything about me other than my name, you would know Dan was the coach that got my oldest son really interested in wrestling. So much so that he now is an assistant over at Dakota Valley in S.D.
Less I digress though, after seeing Janovich wrestle (not just JV mind you) and Geddings at two tournaments and also hearing how he manhandled the Grand Island kid I don't see anybody in the state beating him (Janovich) the rest of the year.
WrestlingDad25 I hope I answered your question in depth.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by WrestlingDad25:
Miracle Worker I agree Janovich Is a good wrestler no doubt. My point to thorrulz is Janovich wrestled a jv kid in SSC on thurs nite that lasted all of .27 sec So is every kid that beats a jv kid in 27 sec on another level/league .Taking nothing away from Janovich cause he has beaten some of the best.But i do not beleive thorrulz has seen him wrestle but the .27 in SSC against a jv kid

I acually didn't see much of that match if you called it that, the group I was sitting with was laughing to hard about how long Janovich would let it last after hearing one of the S.S.C. assistants saying rankings don't matter and how anybody can lose on any particular day.
I'm sorry if you don't get the joke but you had to be there.
Junior High
Give us some perspective on Janovich by giving us some details about him. What is his story? Who has he beaten? How bad? School? Class? Year? I assume he is undefeated.
Rookie
Most of my info on Andy Janovich comes from a few of the parents of the wrestlers on the Gretna wrestler's.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Andy is the 3rd of 4 boys. John, Joe, Andy and I momentarily forgot the youngest boys name at the moment. The 2 oldest are former State Champions. Joe was a senior during my oldest boys junior year I think so I am the most familiar with his wrestling career.
Rookie
at harlen invite first invite of the year Janovich beat the defending state champ from iowa i dont got his name at this second

at emc duals he beat ryan randall last years runner up 11-5 and at boys town he beat him

at flatwater fracas he major decisioned #1A coleman westerby 20-7 and pinned #5A neujahr from kearney in second period

last week at Papio duals he got his 100th win and he is only a junior

his only loss in the past two years is in last years state championship

enough?
Rookie
andy is the yougest jim is oldest then mike who won state in 04 joe won state in 05 and 06 then is dan who didnt wrestle who graduated in 08 and then andy who is a junior now
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by eccpanters:
andy is the yougest jim is oldest then mike who won state in 04 joe won state in 05 and 06 then is dan who didnt wrestle who graduated in 08 and then andy who is a junior now

Thanks for the updated info eccpanters, memory isn't what it used to be after taking a few years off tracking wrestling.
Junior High
That's great! Nice to know who you guys are talking about. Helps me appreciate the discussion.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Actually didn't beat the defending Iowa champion at Harlan but a kid who placed last year in Iowa from Urbandale and is still pretty good and highly rated. The two matches against Randall and the one against Westerby sold me though. Dominant.