Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Coaches/wrestlers seating section

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Coaches/wrestlers seating section Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
posted   Report This Post  
How in the world do so many people get to sit there during finals and semifinals...more on the finals though.

I am in that section the whole tourney, and it seems that during thurs. and fri. day, its generally just wrestlers, coaches, media, and managers, but on Fri nite and Saturday, theres parents, friends, family, and lil kids.

Just wondering how they go about getting down there???

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Not sure about this year as I couldn't make it, but the past couple of years If the parent/relative or friend got there early enough to sit in the wrestlers section, They could just walk down the steps with the wrestler and they were granted access. It happened in our own section so I am sure it happened elsewhere.
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Yea,
I get that, it just doesnt make much sense that I walk around with a wristband thats too tight tantrum and then theres people sitting there that shouldnt and walking around in the downstairs like they own the place. Just was wondering is all...thanks for the response Thorrulz

Novice
Our wrestlers were able to sit over by us most of the time that they weren't wrestling. We liked it so much more that them being secluded over in the wrestling section by themselves. We could talk to them and ask them about their matches, just like at a regular tournament. Last year and the year before we felt like we hardly saw them during State. This year was Great!
Rookie
This year our tickets were directly above this section and when they were putting the seats in place, there were quite a few kids waiting for them to take the tape off to sit. I had asked because that is usually where the coaches/wrestlers sit and someone told me that they (a quest employee) said anyone could sit there. Don't know why but it has never been that way in the past years down at quest but as soon as the gentleman removed the tape, kids when running down and found a seat to claim as "theirs". Not once did an employee stop it or tell them to get out. I'm assuming that it had to be a misunderstanding because that has always been for the wrestlers and coaches who qualified to sit.
Rookie
As I have said in a previous post. Me and Mine absolutely loved being a fan @ the Qwest. A+

The view we had from what I thought were going to be nose bleed seats was very good. I can remember going on Friday night at Devaney and not being able to see some of the scoreboards on the side of the arena we were seated.

As far as location I have often thought about the distance say a Mitchell or Chadron etc. team/family had to travel to get there.

a Town like Kearney or GI, given a large enough arena definetly have the motel space to accompdate the people. I would love to see it land in one of those two places.
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Just so everyone understands, I am NOT talking about kids sitting around there fans/parents throughout the Qwest. Thats fine, because if someone has that ticket, the kids will have to move, I am talking about the section marked off for wrestlers,coaches and media. That section seems to have way too many people in it during semis and finals, and the wrestlers,coaches and media dont get seats due to the fact that people are there that shouldnt be!!!

Rookie
ndb65,
I know exactly what your talking about. I'm going to refer to the sections as the "end zones". During the finals when they added the seats, I still think there was some miscommunication that they let ANYONE sit there. They needed to keep the tape on or even keep the rail on so that area remained "off limits" or heck, even put an employee there to check for marks/wristbands. Our coaches were even looking around trying to find a place to sit. However, I know that they had become more relaxed during the tourney on checking the marks/wristbands cuz even when I went down to take pics I was only asked once to see my wristband (it was under my sleeve) and I did notice alot of people sitting in the "reserved" section. (but once I was on the floor, I was checked everytime) Maybe next year they need a reminder to keep these sections clear since the coaches/wrestlers who make it to state don't purchase tickets and need somewhere to sit when they are done or waiting to wrestle as well for the media to keep them off the floor when they don't have anyone wrestling.
Rookie
I agree it is nice to have your wrestlers around you during the times they are not wrestling. I always purchased a ticket packet for my son so that he had a seat with our group during those times. I also always purchase one for my husband (coach) as there are times he will sit with our group. They also both sat at times in the coaches/wrestlers area - but there are times they want to be with our group. A little more expensive- but well worth it. Heck, I still buy a ticket packet for my son and he coaches for a different school - but he does come sit with us from time to time. I figure it is money well spent to be able to spend a little extra time with him and when he is coaching or sitting in the coaches area I use his seat for bags, coats, etc. I order our group tickets and I always encourage all of the parents to purchase a ticket packet for their son as well, and many of them thank me later for doing this.
Novice
I always stole my best friends' parents seats to talk to my parents popcorn
Rookie
Ya as a wrestler in the area designated to the WRESTLERS and COACHES it was quite annoying fighting for a spot with some girls who weren't even apart of any wrestling team.