Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Central City
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Central City Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
DONT GET ME WRONG THEY CC ARE GREAT TEAM BUT IF THEY MOVE TO B. WITH WHAT IS COMEING BACK AND ALL OF US OUT THERE WISH SKUTT WAS CLASS A BUT EVERY YEAR SKUTT RELOADS AND BYE TIME THEY GET TO STATE THEY ARE BATTLE TESTED.OVER LAST LST FEW YEARS HAVE ENJOYED WATCHING CC BUT WITH HOW CLASS B IS IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE GOOD AND ME INGENERAL JUST CANT SEE CC RUUNING THRU CLASS B THAT EASY.IF THEY COME EVERY ROUND I CAN SEE THEM TOP 5 BUT IF THEY WRESTLE LIKE THEY DID THIS YEAR NEXT YEAR I CANT SEE THEM IN TOP 5 SKUTT WHEN IT COMES TO STATE ALWAYS SEEMS READY AND STEADY EACH ROUND.PRESEASON #1 CC NO MAYBE TOP 10. AND NO I AM NOT FROM SKUTT
Rookie
Why are you yelling? The little light by the Caps Lock key, turn it off....
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by 525:
Its not supposed to be your HS team...It can have several members though. Get whoever you want and come to GI on March 21.

I didn't hear skutt was putting a team together. Gillman is on Caleb's team.

Pay attention here Freddy, this thread has nothing to do with your duals. It's about how people think Central City will do in Class B if they should be there next year.
NCAA Champion
That's cool JOH, but the thread is called "Central City" and from what I've been told, Central City is trying to put a dual team together for usa state and since several Central City folks and wrestlers will be looking at this thread it's a good place to get some answers about other things that Central City is planning.

I always pay attention to detail.

Central City will do fine wherever they end up next year. Very good program with great support. Just need a few more good recruits...LOL
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by RAMBO:
Please refresh my memory, where did Anderson & Peterson transfer-in from?

Also, who was Anderson's lone loss to before Nagel? That kid's a machine! He has the potential to be a 3-Timer! Handled Green pretty easily for 3rd at State. Pretty impressive for a Freshman over a seasoned Senior.

When is their deadline for recruiting? I thought Skutt was the only one recruiting?
Novice
lets get this all settled cc is a good team and they are building good tradition down there at cc. but even if cc does move to class b. i still dont think they are strong enough to pic off skutt.no i am not skutt loving person. but it seems ever year skutt has a solid tourny every round. i dont care if someone transfers in unless cc can put a team that can not have any bad rounds like they did this year. i can not see them pulling upset. and no i would not rank cc preseason #1 next year there are alot of young teams in class b that could win it next year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SPORTS FAN 2005,
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
Just did a little digging to find this post from last year (started immediately after the 2010 State Tourny).

Interesting.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I actually have to give credit to Coach Denson for this one. He told me way early in the 2009-10 season that Central City would be the team to dethrone Skutt. Then Matt Bolling told me late in the season that the upcoming year would be their best team. I knew they would be deep but they had some kids wrestle beyond their abilities as well.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I would have to agree completely. They have some studs, but mostly they just were ready to go. Congratulations to them!

World Champion
Picture of HB
BTW Coach Finley, you are doing a great job building that program down at Lincoln SW. Jim and I weren't sure but I thought that Connor Carstens was your first ever finalist.

Looks like next year is when all the hard work pays big dividends. You'll be in my preseason top 5!
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
HB,
Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it, as do the boys. Actually, three years ago, both Justin Ferguson and Alex Masilko were in the finals, with Justin winning.

And I'm not gonna lie, I'm looking very forward to next season.

I know I've said it before, but thanks for all of your coverage of wrestling. You do a great job covering all classes.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I was paying particular attention after your 152 lost in the first round wrestlebacks as you had a long conversation with him afterwards. I don't think there was a tougher draw in the entire state tournament than Torell had. That quad of wrestlers was very tough.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Sheesh, no kidding. That was his reward for being a district finalist. I'm with you on the seeding concept, that's for sure!
Rookie
WrestleHead,

Central City doesn't recruit. They got Anderson due to some personal circumstances in his life. He moved their due to that. It was just where he ended up moving to. He is a Great Kid and deserves everything he earns! Keep up the good work Anderson!
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Central City's success is a long time in the makeing. For several years I would see the Central City Crew at the UNK Wrestling Camp in the summer. I would see them at every little kids tournament. I was always impressed by the organization of the group. They all had the same warm ups, headgear etc. There were a lot of dedicated parents and coaches that built the program up. Congratulations on your success.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
lexwrestler - I believe the comment in question was an attempt at sarcasm...this is what happens when a team "suddenly" has success (although those in the know understand the hard work and dedication it takes in building to that opportunity).

Central City's run to the title was impressive and well-deserved. It was going to take a big-time effort and the right circumstances for a team to knock Skutt off the perch, and Central City found it. Congrats to Coach Garfield and the community of Central City on an outstanding achievement.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray