Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Iowa City West vs. Skutt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Iowa City West vs. Skutt Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
How good of a dual would this be? The 125-135 weights would be worth the price of admission alone.

Those three matches are probably going to be decisions with it going 2/3, I'll post the scores after those matches for every case, and you can follow after that to come up with the score. the parenthesis after those matches will be me givng ICW the benefit of winning 2/3. Which they probably will, Nate Moore is #1 at 125...

Hypothetically speaking I would go:

103: 4-0 Skutt
112: 8-0 Skutt
119: 14-0 Skutt
125: 17-0 Skutt/ 14-3 Skutt
130: 20-0 Skutt/ 14-6 Skutt/ 17-3 Skutt
135: 23-0 Skutt/ 14-9 Skutt/ 17-6 Skutt/ 20-3
140: +6 ICW (17-12 Skutt)
145: +3 Skutt (20-12 Skutt)
152: +3 Skutt(23-12 Skutt)
160: +3 Skutt (26-12 Skutt)
171: +6 ICW (26-18 Skutt)
189: +4 ICW (26-22 Skutt)
215: +3 Skutt (29-22 Skutt)
285: +6 ICW (29-28 Skutt)

I think it would be very very interesting dual... any hypotheticals from anyone else?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NEF,
Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I think they will dual next year.
Rookie
Interesting question, but didn't Skutt just sneak by Logan Magnolia in a dual this year? I wouldn't confuse Logan Magnolia (a good team and the 5th place team in 1A) for Iowa City West. Anyway I see it like this:

103: Skutt by Superior ICW 0, Skutt 4
112: Skutt by Dec ICW 0, Skutt 7
119: ICW by Dec ICW 3 Skutt 7
125: ICW by Dec ICW 6, Skutt 7
130: ICW by Dec ICW 9, Skutt 7
135: ICW by Dec ICW 12, Skutt 7
140: ICW by Dec ICW 15, Skutt 7
145: Skutt by Super ICW 15, Skutt 11
152: Skutt by Dec ICW 15, Skutt 14
160: ICW by Dec ICW 18, Skutt 14
171: ICW by fall ICW 24, Skutt 14
189: ICW by Dec ICW 27, Skutt 14
215: Skutt by Dec ICW 27, Skutt 17
285: ICW by Dec ICW 30, Skutt 17

A couple of comments, the ICW kid at 119 is ranked 7th Nationally. The toss ups are 140 (34-8 Jr against a 23-17 Jr from Skutt), 160 (39-6 Jr against a 38-6 So from Skutt), 189 (27-10 So against a 26-21 Sr from Skutt), and 215 (25-12 Sr against a 31-12 Jr from Skutt). I gave ICW 3 of the toss ups and Skutt 1 but based on strength of competition I believe ICW gets the nod in the close ones. A few matches could go either way , but I don't see Skutt getting a win over ICW. Would be very fun to see this one regardless who wins.
Rookie
Cyman, didn't the lewis central 119 major the icw kid. I think the skutt 119 majored the lewis central kid,
Rookie
I get a kick out of people who don't think Tyler Kottas is an absolute beast. He is without a doubt the pound for pound best wrestler on Skutt's team. No way he doesn't smoke whoever he meets from Iowa.
Rookie
Kottas IS the best on Skutts team hands down

World Champion
Picture of HB
No offense, but you're nuts Huggins. While Kottas is a great wrestler, if he wrestled Nate Moore he'd get beat-without question. Moore might be one of the five best recruits in the country next year regardless of weight-he has beaten Pokorny, Starzyk, Tyler Clark etc and finished 2nd at Fargo last year. And I've seen Nick Moore wrestle as well and Kottas would have his hands full. Nick might be a freshman but you don't go unbeaten at 130 through the season in big school Iowa if you're not an elite kid. I'm sure all the Skutt people will come out in full force bashing me but please be realistic.
Rookie
I would disagree, Kottas is solid, but Sackett still has him beat in my book. Infact, I think those two might be wrestling partners, that'd be interesting to watch.

The Moore's are good and both of those matches are close, so I'd say give Nate the win and Nick the loss to Kottas. Nick will be a pretty solid guy the next three years.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Nick Moore just beat Mark Ballweg in the Iowa state tournament. Ballweg was a state champion as a freshman (beating Nate Moore) and 5th in junior freestyle in Fargo last summer, beating Wunnicke of Wisconsin in the medal round. Both Moore kids are somehow related to former Iowa national champion Cliff Moore but not sure how.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
Not to change the subject, but Nate Moore beat Andy by two points when he was giving up weight. He certainly would love a rematch. Andy did beat Mark Ballweg fairly easy a couple of years ago.
Junior Varsity
I read that the Moore's are nephews of Cliff Moore former NCAA champ at IA.
Rookie
Tyler Kottas beat dalton jenson from Missouri Valley at the boystown tournament 4-0. Jenson pinned his way through the iowa state tournament even though it was at 125. Kottas would destroy anyone in Iowa.
Rookie
Kottas and Sackett are wrestling partners. I believe Kottas beats him.
Junior Varsity
Come on I think Kottas is one of NE best too but he would have his hands full with either one of the Moore's.
Rookie
I have heard that Kottas also gets the best of Cottle in practice. He doesn't look like much, but I would never bet against him.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Kottas did really well last year in the Brutes but lost to Walraven out of South Dakota in the finals. I hope that group of Skutt juniors are heading out to Virginia Beach for NHSCA Juniors. A few could really put themselves on the map with strong performances.
Junior Varsity
Hey Huggins,

The next time you see me. Why don't you come on over and introduce yourself. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of meeting you in person.

LG
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Let's Grapple:
Hey Huggins,

The next time you see me. Why don't you come on over and introduce yourself. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of meeting you in person.

LG

Why, you going to beat him up or something because you don't like what he said about your kid?

That's funny.
Junior Varsity
That would not happen.
Rookie
Picture of Mr. Freeze
The juniors from Skutt already have a place on the map. Oklahoma State, Princeton, Cornell, Harvard, UNO, Western State, Etc... have found there location on the map. A cornucopia of Skyhawks will be flying to Virginia Beach. Hang ten.