Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Sad story about McCoy
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sad story about McCoy Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It's obvious that Wrasslin doesn't have a grasp on reality on this subject.

What DOES wrestling teach, if nothing else, but the simple concept that you are responsible for yourself? When you step into the circle, you don't have a teammate to throw a block, pass the ball, or help you score. You, and you alone, are responsible for the end result, win or lose, and must accept responsibility for the things you do in the circle.

Life is EXACTLY the same...I can't count on anyone else to keep me on the straight and narrow, take care of the things I am supposed to take care of and do what is expected of me as an employee, a father and a human being. Every day, from the time I roll out of bed until the time I flop back in it, it is all on me. The same goes true for each of the other 5 billion people on this spinning rock we call Earth.

Wrasslin seems to think that we, as members of the wrestling community, are somehow responsible for the Jeremy McCoys of the world. Here's a little clue...we are NOT. It is NOT up to us to make sure the hell-raisers and ne'er-do gooders keep on the straight and narrow. THEY are responsible for THEIR OWN actions, and when they run afoul of the laws of the team, the school or the community, it is THEY who are at fault, not US.

We can all encourage each other to make the right moves, whether in the circle or in the Circle of Life. But ultimately, we are responsible only for the individual we see in the mirror each morning. That's it and that's all, and if people like Wrasslin can't grasp that simple concept...well, that's not my problem. That's his/hers.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Hi All,

I haven't followed this whole string, but I felt compelled to respond after Mike's last post. I have to disagree with your paradigm on this one Mike. I intend no disrespect here, but I don't think we live in a world where "I" is the one and only letter.

I keep thinking about a good friend of mine who is alcoholic. He is now 7 years sober and says that he owes his life to his sponsor (I guess that is what they call them). He was telling me the other day that he and his sponsor are like soulmates on a common path away from alcohol. In this, I guess my friend could not manage himself; now he is in a co-management model.

I also think about husband/wife relationships. Another friend of mine had both parents die within a month of each other. One died, and then, apparently, the other died cause they could not live without their mate. I guess I don't see an "I" in this situation either.

I can go on and on, Mike, but I don't think we live in the paradigm where we are an island unto ourselves. Maybe this is not the intent of your message, but when I see things like: "I can't count on anyone else to keep me on the straight and narrow, take care of the things I am supposed to take care of and do what is expected of me....." , I just feel this is the wrong message.

As for Wrasslin.........well, I will quote Shakespeare and leave it at that: "Words, words, words."
Junior High
quote:
Can't wait to get torn apart in next episode; anarchist, what did do you do/say to deserve such notoriety?

Think it was the whole "never having done jail time" that ate his lunch. So maybe it was what I DIDN'T do that gains publicity.

Wrasslin' - You continue to pee in the wind and it's blowing in your face. You have no source.. The stats are invalid, and the so called "claims to greatness" of myself, NWI and TW are not so. Merely stories of people who learned valuable lessons and chose to succeed in life.

You still haven't generated the testicular magnitude to tell us YOUR story, or are you one of the "failures" you continue to bash?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Testicular magnitude??? I gotta write that one down...

Novice
The interesting part of my story is that I am humbled by my success having traveled a journey of self actualization through the trials and tribulations of life! I for one do not have to get on an internet board and tell you how getting abused by another male, being a drunk, breaking the law, or facing defeat in marriage changed my life. If this provides therapy for you Anarchist, (your name showing your self centered philosophy) and for Mikey who claims that he and he alone controls his own life, once again shows his self centered and arrogant attitude. Life is not about what I do for myself. It is what I do for others that reflects my true character.

For if you give nourishment and water to a tree, it will prosper and provide you shelter from the elements of life! I am about growing a forest, not talking about my social ills!

I do get concerned that you guys actually do have some impact on children of this world, whether it be your own, or ones that parents entrust you with through teaching or coaching. That is why I said “what have WE done for these kids that WE are failing”. I for one always reflect on what could have been done. Sure we all have to take ownership of our actions and make good choices, but the reality is that without the strength of our brothers and sisters of the human race, we can not make it alone!

I hope that life’s journey can provide you with the tools for success. It is clear that as long as you state self centered and arrogant; your journey will be more difficult! Thank you coach Denson for speaking up and recognizing the strength in the human race…maybe these guys can get wisdom from your words, words, words!

Time to get out my tea bag for you fellas!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Dubba...you are so right about Wrasslin. Razz

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
quote:
I for one always reflect on what could have been done.

Then nothing more will ever be done. What's done is done, no matter how hard you reflect on it, it will never changed.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Dubba...Just to clarify, what I was aiming at was the fact that we, as individuals, are responsible for our own actions.

Certainly, we can not live as if there is nobody else out there who can help guide us and be there for us in times of need (I don't think I'd have made it this far in sobriety without a long list of helping hands), but the fact remains that, when all is said and done, it is our choice whether or not we stay sober, adhere to the law of the land, etc. We can't rely on others to make our decisions for us.

And as far as anything Wrasslin has to say -- on this topic or any other -- his/her credibility is such that any further discussion or reply to it would only give legitimacy to something that is, in the wrestling community, not worthy of the bandwidth it is using.

Aht...

Junior High
quote:
Life is not about what I do for myself. It is what I do for others that reflects my true character.

And what have you done for others? You've been on this board doing nothing but criticizing participants of this sport from jumpstreet.

Your character is duly noted.
Rookie
...or the lack there of as the case seems to be.
Novice
LMFAO at all of you! Keep the thread alive my brothers with your negetive attitudes and responses. A man of Steel deflects and reflects!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Too bad you're a man of sponge, eh?

Junior High
quote:
Keep the thread alive my brothers with your negetive attitudes and responses

Seems to me the only ill-will borne here is towards you, people like you and the mentality you bring to this board

Friends come and go... Enemies accumulate.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Time to move on this is boring !

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Definately agree. We have reached the "I know you are but what am I?" stage.

If it is possible to lock a thread, please lock this one from further posting.
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
The interesting part of my story is that I am humbled by my success having traveled a journey of self actualization through the trials and tribulations of life!

Are you smoking what Ricky Williams was?

HEADSTRONG: It's an especially apt, single-word description for the fearless approach to life - a stubborn, uncompromising dedication to doing it your own way, regardless of the consequences.