Find
Notify
Tools
Freshmen Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Top 30 Impact Freshmen are posted.

Just FYI, I think it's a down year in terms of overall incoming talent but still some good ones out there. Next year's group looks like it may be better than the one with McCoy, Denson, Weideman, Janovich etc. It's crazy good.

Link
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
WOW, someone hasn't been doing their homework.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Kearney MatCat:
WOW, someone hasn't been doing their homework.

It's hard to tell if you are joking or not. MatCat I don't see a lot of negative posts from you. Remember this is just one mans opinion and that these really do not matter in the large pic. Coaches cannot use any Top 30 list, or rankings for that matter, when deciding a seed for a tournament.
Novice
Huskernut, i dont see anything wrong with MatCats post, so i'm not sure why you would single his reply out. It's a discussion board, he didnt use a name either. I dont put any weight in the early prediction that get posted by HB either.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Wow is right Albert. Just curious as to what you base your opinion on. Funny thing is, I didn't see your name in my fairly large database of premium subscribers that help to financially support my site.
Rookie
First off sorry If I made it sound like HB's predictions are not worth anything. It is nice for kids that put their time in and accomplish a lot get some credit. I however do not have a premium subscription, so I haven't even seen the list. Just simply trying to get the point across that they don't use ANY rankings to seed kids in a tournament. No summer, JH, huskerland, or USA wrestling results are used to seed kid either. All freshman coming in are coming in with the same record. They will get put behind a upperclassmen SQ that they may have beaten 10 times over the summer. Is it fair, probably not, but it is what it is and every freshman goes through it.

I don't know HB, but he has been pointed out to me at SEVERAL tournaments that I have been at all over the state. As far as I know he isn't following one team and isn't bias for one team. I coach football and wouldn't like being told after watching hours of practice and game film evaluating players and setting a first team roster, only to be told by a parent that is upset because his kid is not starting, that I'm not doing my homework. Not saying that Matcat is upset because his kid is not on the list, but the statement made it sound like he doesn't like to pics and HB left someone off that Matcat thinks should be on there. I have gone on too long.
Rookie
I usually don't put alot of stock into the "Top" 30 projected Freshman until we start seeing them perform at the High School level. However, Matcat is as knowledgable as anyone I know on the talent coming up through the ranks in Nebraska. I would be interested in hearing some of the names he would add to this list? It would be interesting to look back at the end of year to see how each others predictions turned out..

World Champion
Picture of HB
I would guess Matcat, being from Kearney, has an issue with who I put at the top of my list.
Novice
Picture of Mr. Pin
I think Matcat might be referring to some of the freshman on the list only being 8th graders this year...Not sure though?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
and I'll just surmise HB is simply pointing out that Matcat is commenting on something he hasn't paid to see. Just a small faux pas though, I'm sure all of the paid members that support the site and free forum are realistic. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Roll Eyes