Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Open Enrollment

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Open Enrollment Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
I quote HB from another thread:

quote:
Originally posted by HB:
The perfect solution would be a two class system-one of private schools and those with open enrollment policies; and the other just public. No matter the size of the school if you operate as open enrollment or private, you are in one class. The rest should be just plain old public schools that only accept kids that live within their school district.

Don't most public schools accept open enrollment? Just out of curiosity sound off as to whether your school accepts open enrollment or not. I know that Gretna doesn't because they are stretching the seams of all af their buildings now.

This will give us an idea of how big a facility we must find to hold this non-open enrollment state tournament. I don't think it will have to be very big.
NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Key word there is "open enrollment policies". Nebraska is an open enrollment state. Some schools can close based on being over crowded, but otherwise kids have the right to chose.

The ones that are overcrowded and closed would be few....so your right Frank, that would be a small state tournament.

This is why HB's idea won't work. Look at this: A school accepts open enrollment for 3 or 4 years and then they are full, so the next year they close the open enrollment. Does this mean they get re-classified? What about all the open enrollment kids that got 3 years ago. This is no way to classify schools. This is the second time I've posted on HB's comment....this would never, never fly.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by 525:
Key word there is "open enrollment policies". Nebraska is an open enrollment state. Some schools can close based on being over crowded, but otherwise kids have the right to chose.

The ones that are overcrowded and closed would be few....so your right Frank, that would be a small state tournament.

This is why HB's idea won't work. Look at this: A school accepts open enrollment for 3 or 4 years and then they are full, so the next year they close the open enrollment. Does this mean they get re-classified? What about all the open enrollment kids that got 3 years ago. This is no way to classify schools. This is the second time I've posted on HB's comment....this would never, never fly.

Does T-H accept open enrollment?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Frank Ryan,
NCAA Champion
yes