Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Tim Crocker

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tim Crocker Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Rookie
Picture of warria_189
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
thats too bad
he was a good wrestler too

Warrior: an image symbolizing one aspect of a great force, that if handeled properly, can win you many battles, but if neglected, can rise up and be your nemesis
-Bruce Lee
Novice
Is this a case of an underage girlfriend or did he actually sexually assult a young girl? Does that make any sense. Either way it is wrong but in my mind the two cases are different.
State Qualifier
I have no facts in this situation but the crime is a 19 yr old having intercourse with a person 16 or under. It may have been consensual. It could've been an older senior (19) having sex with a junior (16).

I am playing Monday morning QB but let's not be judge, jury, and executioner until all of the facts come out.
Rookie
wow a real shame to happen to a great wrestler, that could have been very successful at the next level
Junior High
Too bad this story couldn’t wait until it could be reported with more facts. The context of the story will certainly affect the way the public will view this young man. Also, how great Tim is as a wrestler should have nothing to do with the way we feel about him in this story.

Some more information from the local TV Station.

quote:
A Nebraska state wrestling champ is being charged with sexual assault. Kearney High senior Timothy Crocker is accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl.

Crocker is charged in Buffalo County Court with first-degree sexual assault. He is 19, she is 14. According to her deposition, a sexual relationship was something she pursued.

Court documents read, "[the girl]...will testify that Crocker was concerned about [her] age and did not want to get in trouble. [She] advised that she told Crocker he would not get into trouble and she would not tell anyone." According to the young girl, she "talked Crocker into having sex with her."

Crocker had turned 19 in early March. The alleged assault happened later that month. In the state of Nebraska it's illegal for a 19-year-old to have sex with a minor aged 16 or younger. If convicted he faces one to fifty years in prison. A hearing date has been set for April 22nd.

Crocker won the state wrestling Class A 125-pound title this year. He finished the year as Kearney High's all-time leader in victories.

Reporter's Notes by Laurie Dutcher:

The girl is a freshman at Kearney High.

Crocker is a senior there.

And a few comments.

Firstly, I do not in any way shape or form condone what happened if in fact it happened as reported.

Second, what in the sand hill does him being a wrestler let alone a State Champion have to do with the price of tea in China? This type of thing happens day in and day out but suddenly this is a big story?

Third, hopefully things will work out OK but even if they don't I would hope that anyone who sees or hears about this story, thinks with their brain and makes the correct decision before things go completely South.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Well....for good or for bad, our American culture and press does associate top-athletes such as him with instant role model status, .....and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. It comes with the medal and follows you outside the sports arena.

On a lighter note, It may be "Price of Tea in China"....but remember: just about everything in America these days comes from China. Wink

Serious, My thoughts and prayers do go to the other Kearney HS wrestlers and coaches, in the hopes that this incident doesn't dampen their well deserved reputation on and off the mat.

Hoaah!
AB
Rookie
The hearing got moved back. It was supposed to be yesterday. Not sure when it got moved to.

Once again, it's funny how this made headlines on the Kearney Hub site and the OWH site when it broke.

Although sentencing is in July, the results are a lot different than the original story. The local TV station is the only place with a story right now. Click here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
And in case you don't already know...the Hub is owned by the Weird-Harold.

Look for this story to finally make one of the papers a few days down the road.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Sex assault charge dropped against wrestling star

KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) — A sexual assault charge against a 19-year-old star high school wrestler from Kearney has been dropped.

Tim Crocker has been charged with one count of first-degree sexual assault. He had been accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl.

In a deal with prosecutors, Crocker has pleaded guilty to one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor. He faces up to a year in jail when sentenced in July. He has faced up to 50 years in prison on the previous charge.

Crocker won the Class A 125-pound championship in February and is the school’s all-time leader in victories.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I am pleasantly surprised -- the Weird-Harold actually has something on their website. It's an AP story and not their own "investigative" journalism in action, but still...

OWH link to story

I'm happy to say I stand corrected on my previous post.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
As it should be thanks to both lawyers.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Really glad to see this, IMO, common good sense prevail. Yes, thanks to both lawyers involved!