Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Check this out!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Check this out! Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
posted   Report This Post  
Fast Facts About the New York State Wrestling Tournament

Nebraska has 218 wrestling programs, a multiple-entry state tournament with 896 wrestlers, and a paid attendance of 46,403. New York has 550 wrestling programs. It is the only state in the country with a single-entry tournament. It currently set the attendance record last year with 17,323 paid attendance for three sessions and only had 360 wrestlers.

The NYSWCA has been spearheading an effort to make more money for the NYSPHSAA by increasing the participation level equal to Nebraska and use profits to support the non-revenue producing sports of football and basketball that draw no where what wrestling draws in one event.

I WAS RECENTLY TALKING TO A COACH FROM NEW YORK WHO POINTED ME TOWARD THIS CLIP FROM THE NY WRESTLING WEB SITE. BASICALLY, THEY ARE WORKING HARD TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THEIR STATE TOURNAMENT, SO THEY ARE USING NEBRASKA AS A GUIDE OR AN EXAMPLE TO PROMOTE THE INCREASE. THEY WANT TO BE LIKE US. THE COACH I TALKED TO SAYS THAT NOBODY THERE (COACHES) LIKE THE KING OF THE HILL ONE CLASS FORMAT. JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR YOU OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO SEE US CONTRACT CLASSIFICATIONS.
Rookie
Picture of Boone
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Bergan has lost their head coach and they might have to co-op with Fremont High.
Novice
What happened to Fremont Bergan's head coach?
Rookie
Might be tough if a co-opt arrangement has not already been passed by NSAA. District assignments are based on enrollment and the assignments have been made.