Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Hated or Loved...you need characters like me!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hated or Loved...you need characters like me! Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
The site needs to have people like me that stir the pot and offer a different opinion than that favored by most. I understand the double standard that exists. Some on here are allowed to post all kinds of stuff and call people all kinds of names and nothing happens. That is the beauty of it all. The owner of the site has that perogative.

While you may not agree with everything that I say, my comments do in fact drive several discussions on this site. Facing the reality of some of my comments is a difficult task.

Not many people want to admit that maybe a kid gets slighted because of his race. Wake up people, racisism still exists in your state, and all of the other states! It is a people issue that has to be at least considered and addressed.

The quality of the NE state tournament is diminished because of all the classes. There are a number of weak records and the quality of some of the wrestlers that qualify is questionable. You want to improve the attendance and make it a competitive meet, make it a 1 or 2 class system! Takes care of both of the issue of venue size and value of a state championship!

Coaches do recruit in all states! The winners win and get more quality kids! Supply and demand! As adults we all trend to companies that are successful and are good places to work. Kids do the same thing with schools and wrestling programs. A fact that is hard to argue with! You may not like it but it is a reality of life!

Parker and many other wrestlers got hosed at the state meet. Any time an official determines the outcome of a match it takes away from the winner's accomplishment. That match should have never been decided by a stall call! And even worse the two officials in question allowed the match to continue and the table workers, who should have another official working them, allowed the match to continue! Why? It is the state meet and that should never happen!

And the last salvo before I end this thread...some guys on here just do not get it! They want to make this an exclusive place for them to share their drivel all the while banning those with differing opinions! If you want to ban one...ban them all! This site would become a great dust collector! Ross you do a good job of running a site and your actions are commendable. Continue to be your own voice and keep up fight!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I agree that racism still exists and is an issue that needs to be considered and addressed. Unfortunately, I think that's a given. But to say a wrestler didn't get recognized at the state tournament because of his race can't be proven, would be highly illegal, and wouldn't stand up because there is a precedent of not recognizing anything less than a four-timer. The one bad thing about the Qwest is their "need for speed" to get the tournament over with. These wrestlers deserve their recognition.

I agree with you that the system does need an overhaul, with a possibility of going to three classes being considered. But stirring the pot here doesn't help. If enough people are concerned about this, then they need to contact the NSAA Board of Control members, and maybe even stir up some media types. The NSAA doesn't want to hear about wrestling right now, especially with their crown jewels--the state basketball tournaments--fast approaching.

Recruiting happens. But it is a fact of life that it is tougher when you have a smaller population base to draw from if you live outside a metropolitan area. That doesn't mean that it ain't happenin' north and west of the Omaha/Lincoln area though. The NSAA does have rules in place that could limit this, but like most laws if they aren't enforced it's like they aren't there. Too many loopholes. Again, the NSAA doesn't care.

As for your point about referees deciding the outcome, it happens because refereeing is subjective. There are a lot of times that referees are asked to make a judgment call. I read a post by a Kearney person complaining about a few calls. That's because referees in the western part of the state call a completely different match than they do in the eastern part of the state. I was stunned the first time I watched a tournament out there. I'm not saying it's better or worse, it is just way different. Until the state decides to get the referees together and they can come up with, as a group, what constitutes stalling, takedowns on the edge of the mat, etc. you're going to continue to have argued calls. It could also help if the fans (and some of the coaches) would take the rules test themselves, because a lot of calls get argued when the person doing the arguing doesn't have a correct interpretation of the rules.

You do bring up valid points in many of your arguments. I think it's the tone of your arguments that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Your arguments do need to be considered, but please Mason, don't become a Dixon and cross "the line". (Sorry for the obscure "historical reference" attempt at humor)
Rookie
You are not needed. This site exsisted for years without you and was a great place. It will be better when you are gone. I belong to two other BBS's (one regarding my job and one with college sports) and "characters" like you get one warning to get along or they are gone. Both sites have thousands of contributers and even though there are differences of opinion everyone gets along and has civil conversations. This appears to be something you can not do. This post is a perfect example. Several people have called for your head and instead of conceeding that maybe the problem is actually you, you bust out some drivel about us "needing" you and then list the same lame arguements for the same topics you have been drumming for months. Nope. We dont need you. I'll give you one thing though. Your topics do a good job of driving up post counts as you claim, but people telling you to shut up because not much of anything you say is valid or even of a concern to us doesn't make it a good topic and it does not make you a valued contributer. So get off of your self important high horse and actually contribute something of value (which by the way, pot stirring does NOT do) or just please go away. That said, I doubt you will because you love the attention. It's sad really....
Novice
I agree with you Mason. The pot needs to be stirred from time to time. Otherwise this board becomes just a self promotion device. We don't always agree with each other but it's fun and funny to kick it around with ya. I for one am not afraid of a little disagreement and controversy.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Did just fine without him before -- will do even better once he is gone.

Aht...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Don't flatter yourself Mason...we don't "need" you at all. Maybe if you were more positive and constructive...rather than negative and destructive...then people might appreciate your participation. It seems as if you're more geared towards drawing attention to yourself than actually contributing in a constructive way. You draw people in by pissing them off more than offering interesting subject matter. Sorry, but that's my point of view...which may not mean anything to anyone, but that's o.k. too. It is HB's site and he can allow/not allow what he sees fit. You probably should start your own site...you seem to think you have all the answers, and how a site should be run.
Novice
If I was about my self promotion, I would actually share my real name and tell you ll of my personal life history like Radio man, NWI, and others have done on here. It is not about me. It is about the discussions that my posts lead to. If it pisses you off, then that makes you engage in thought. It might even move you to action! That is always a good thing, especially when it comes to making a change!

Your right, the board does not need me per say, but it does need an antagonist! All things in life have a ying and a yang! Take the good and drive on! I am not afraid of conflict...as a good antagonist, I thrive on it! If that upsets your apple cart,then don't read my stuff! But by the number of views on threads that I am involved, I must bring some value. It is not just everyone saying get off the forum or to shut up!

More people buy the National Enquire than the Washington Post! They love the controversy!
Rookie
well we know who you are mason.. and where u live...
Novice
So what...My trailer has room for you if you need a place to stay. Come on over to the Bluffs...the view is great to the East!
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
quote:
If it pisses you off, then that makes you engage in thought. It might even move you to action! That is always a good thing, especially when it comes to making a change!

Thanks for inspiring me Mason! Your statement has led me to believe that a petition on removing you should be started. I think I will take ACTION and try and MAKE A CHANGE!

"Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever"
Novice
Good Luck to you AZ! If it happens so be it! I think you will find that people want me here! I will start another thread! I will listen to the people!
Junior Varsity
Some points Mason brings up are right there are posters on here that can get personal and get away with it. But I also think that Mason you have pushed the envolpe off the table at times with comments that have zero merit. Especially the racial comments. I have no problem with people having a different opinion if they state it but just to say things are wrong or suck and offer no rational alternative is not right. But have really seen nothing wrong to get you banned.
Rookie
You still don't get it, do you. Inciting people is not engaging them to meaningful thought or discussion if the topic has no place here. The topics you start mean nothing to almost anyone here and the only reason people respond is because they (your topics) are inflammatory. Radio Man said it perfect. If you start a discussion to engage in conversation about a relavant topic, great. But so far you have failed to do that...ever. You must listen to too much Omaha sports radio because that is a hallmark of The Zone and Big Sports 590. They don't feel they have to vailidate any point they make. They say something that is guaranteed to get a reaction strictly for the reaction. Then when they get the desired reaction instead of having several talking points ready to actually have an intelligent conversation, they hang up and talk about how stupid the caller was. And that is what you do. People here aren't concerned with how they do it in Iowa...or anywhere else. And do you think the kid who won a gold medal in Class D 103 cares that you think his accomplishment is "watered down" because his class should not exist anyway? My cousin won gold in class D a couple of year ago and I can tell you without a doubt that the last thing on his mind is whether the rest of the country respects his accomplishments or not. And I don't know why you think this board needs an antagonist. It is my understanding it was set up as a meeting site for people to talk about Nebraska High School wrestling. Not to change the world. You wanna do that, become a politician. I came here to support the Nebraska wrestling community, not to tear it down because someone else does it differently. If there are changes to be made, let's discuss it in a civil manner and take appropriate action. Not say "this is how it should be done because I say this is how it should be done" like you do. Again, people responding to you makes you feel special. Whether you are anonymous or not, it's all about you. Why don't you go start Masonmat.com and there it can be about you as much as you want. Then you and your sock puppets can talk to each other about how brilliant you are and how stupid those racist Nebraskans are for not recognizing your genius.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Gene...I can't top that. Well said, well written. Amen, brotha...

Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Telling people about ourselves is NOT self promotion, but rather a way for others to get to know who we really are, what were about, and hopefully draw connections with one another...past, present, or future...therefore building a positive wrestling-related network/family. If you were to post your opinions in newspapers or on the radio, you would be required to give your name and sometimes address too, but then again, you culd lie about that too.

I agree...nice one Gene.
Rookie
To say that we "need" you is typical. No one here "needs" you. You may stir up some traffic, but you are not a necessity. See? That is the problem with you. You feel that your opinion is fact and that you have all the answers. But, there are a few facts that you seem to have overlooked. Let me help you out with a few of them.
1. This is a NEBRASKA wrestling board.
2. Most of us aren't interested in Iowa's wrestling program.
3. Insults never make friends.
4. Labeling everyone in a state as racist simply because an announcer didn't say something you wanted to hear is assinine.
5. Banning you from the board will not mean the end of the board. There is no troll-shortage.
6. You are a fake and a fraud. You make claims about the perfection in Iowa's wrestling program yet somehow that perfect program cannot hold your attention and you still feel the need to come here. That alone is proof that you are only happy when you are poisoning someone else's accomplishments.
7. (Pay close attention to this one... it is the most important fact of all) Whether or not the Nebraska wrestlers have gained your approval is irrelevent. Having too many classes, or any other issue is also irrelevent. These kids put their heart and soul into what they are doing. Many of the people who post here have a loved one who is wrestling and we watch them struggle and work. We revel in their triumphs and we mourn their defeats. Each one of them are champions to us. And for you (or anyone else) to come here and constantly make demeaning comments, takes away from the blood, sweat, and tears that each of these kids put into their wrestling careers. Your comments are vile and since you have no reason or stake in Nebraska's wrestling program... why should we give credence to anything you say?

Now... be gone before a house falls on you! Trout Slap
Novice
AuntDD, #7 says it all. Three cheers for Aunt DD!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
A standing O, AuntDD...EPIC BLAST!!!

clap

Novice
Picture of SD Husker
That was awesome AuntDD!

"Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever"
Rookie
By the way hows Brandon doing this year.