Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Nebraska USA State Tournament in Grand Island
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nebraska USA State Tournament in Grand Island Login/Join

NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by cotton-mouth:
Fred,
Are they posted on trackwrestling? Checked this morning and couldn't get it.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/...rnamentBox=O_2525009
NCAA Champion
Rookie
Picture of myred65
So now that we know numbers, are the 75, 85, and 90 pound 7-8th grade winners required to stick around till Sunday just in case there is a requested wrestle off with a 5-6th grader? Or do they lose the wrestle off automatically because they aren't there?
Rookie
So if you have 12 kids in your bracket and you get a bye in the first round, you are only going to wrestle one match on saturday if you win your match? Why don't you give the kids the option of wrestling out their bracket on saturday? It really does make sense doesn't it? That is crazy to drive in for one match and have to wait till the next day.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by myred65:
So now that we know numbers, are the 75, 85, and 90 pound 7-8th grade winners required to stick around till Sunday just in case there is a requested wrestle off with a 5-6th grader? Or do they lose the wrestle off automatically because they aren't there?

Yes and Yes. We will re-arrange things for next year so it doesn't happen this way again.
Novice
So will the 6 year olds, wrestle Saturday and Sunday or just a round robin on Saturday?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:
Originally posted by letsgo:
So will the 6 year olds, wrestle Saturday and Sunday or just a round robin on Saturday?

Depends what grade they are in. Divisions are by grade. PreK-K are round robin, since round robin brackets are smaller than 8 wrestlers they will complete on Saturday for sure. All other grades are by weight and can be as large as a 32 man bracket. We will adjust the schedule as time allows to ensure wrestle offs are as fair as possible.
Rookie
If you have a 12 man bracket will you leave it up to the participants in the bracket to wrestle all matches on Saturday? there could be some kids only wrestling one match that day.
Rookie
If your wrestler is in a bracket that has more than 8 wrestlers them the 1st and 2nd place match and 3rd and 4th place match will be on Sunday. This is how it was explained to me thus causing some of our club kids to not attend this tournament. If the rules are changed after the fact then a huge injustice was done to the kids who would of went but didn't go because of how it was explained. Was told that might change next year but they have to go with what was advertised and changes could not be made to this years tournament.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by monarchwrestling:
If your wrestler is in a bracket that has more than 8 wrestlers them the 1st and 2nd place match and 3rd and 4th place match will be on Sunday. This is how it was explained to me thus causing some of our club kids to not attend this tournament. If the rules are changed after the fact then a huge injustice was done to the kids who would of went but didn't go because of how it was explained. Was told that might change next year but they have to go with what was advertised and changes could not be made to this years tournament.

I agree with you if thats the case, but this is just insanely stupid to come and wrestle one match. So I'm not argueing I just wanted some clarification. I could see if their was a 16/32 wrestlers, but 12 just doesn't make sense.
Rookie
I agree! That is the reason some of our club members that were state champs last year are not particaping this year. I feel bad for everyone involved.
Rookie
quote:
Agreed, this was the very reason we did not attend.
Junior High
Got to take into consideration chaLlenge matches and all the wrestle backs.... just finished day 1 with no breaks

Relentless
Junior Varsity
I might add that though a few people complaining that I heard but tournament is being run very well. My son is in a 32 man bracket and we got all through the semis by 3pm and got to leave. Some of the table help needs a little more teaching is my only complaint. Too many texting while supposed to be watching the match so missing points the ref signals and some not understanding that you can't just wrestle any bout card they bring you. Almost had huge screw up to start when table help and the ref wanted to just go ahead with the cards that were brought until some of us clued them in. Otherwise we'd have been a complete round off. Little things when you consider the size. I am pleased and love the atmosphere and the venue. I know I speak for myself since I live close and don't have to get a hotel but love that we wrestle again tomorrow. Kids tired after today plus it feels like the high school state tourney.
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
Loved the introduction of the teams in the beginning. Very cool.

Tournament ran well from my perspective.
Rookie
Excellent experience for all of our kids from Ashland-Greenwood. This gave them a real taste of what the high school state tournament is like. Preparing an entire day for one match in the semis or finals at the high school level ia a challenge both mentally and physically. I loved the two-day format.

We too often want to get in and out of a tournament as fast as possible with no regard for the experience. Bravo USA directors!
Rookie
The new venue made up for all of the growing pains. What an awesome facility. 10 full mats for day one was great. Not sure cutting it down to 8 for day two helped anything. There's a couple of new hotels in town too which is a bonus given the available choices. The changes for next year's event that were voted on should be looked upon favorably by most folks. We'll be back next year for sure.
Rookie
The only question I have is why were the girls allowed to wrestle without hair nets? Tournment was run very well and my son learned a great deal! Thanks for a Great Time!!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:

No rules were changed. The schedule was set at the fall meeting and followed. Record entries this year so not everyone was upset with the new schedule.
Rookie
Thats good to hear.