Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Season Opening Remarks

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Season Opening Remarks Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Here you go-just some brief comments to get the season started.

Link
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
"Iowa committment Thomas Gilman raised the bar even further by earning a spot on the World Cadet Freestyle team that competed in Hungary in late August. To my knowledge, no Nebraska scholastic wrestler has ever competed in this tournament although it was inactive since 1999.
"

It wasn't freestyle, but Andy Pokorny was the 2005 FILA Cadet Greco-Roman World Runner-Up when it was held in the Czech Republic.

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
Junior High
Pinmachine,

We were very excited for Andy that day in Hungary. It certainly was a great achievement in his career. How is his health and is he ready to compete for St. Cloud?
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot 152:
Pinmachine,

We were very excited for Andy that day in Hungary. It certainly was a great achievement in his career. How is his health and is he ready to compete for St. Cloud?

I think he's ready to get out there and really compete again, especially after what happened at UNO. It's too bad he's farther distance away, it would have been nice to see more of his matches closer to home...

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
Rookie
I believe Brad Metzler was on the Greco Junior World team in 2001.
Rookie
About your webcast. I understand what happened with Coach Denson is a tragedy but could you go on with other coaches? I enjoyed some of the guest coaches in the past. Coach Higdon did a great job for the colleges and he is well respected. Coach Pokorny has been on your program in the past is well respected and is very knowledgable in the sport. Others that coaches like McCan and Bonge would be good guest coaches. I am sure there are others out there very knowledgable and respected that I dont even know. Maybe there was more than I know happened that prevented the webcast. I just missed it, thanks anyway for all you do.