Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    What is happening?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What is happening? Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
The season is under way and yet no real debates or fruitful discussions are taking place. Has this site lost its luster? Are all of the great posters out to lunch? It seems like most things in here are of little substance and lack some passion from the posters! I hope we get back to some good discussions! That is what makes this site fun!
Rookie
Picture of RJS
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I think the weather has alot to do with it, the first week of wrestling was set back cause of it.
Rookie
Weather is a bad excuse. Actually it should allow for more computer geeks like myself to stay home and be involved in discussions. I have a subject for Mason. Coach Denney has to be worried that the UNK Open doesn't have an amateur division so his starters can wrestle lesser opponents like in their own Open. Just an observation.

Remember-CLONESRULE!!!
Novice
Clones...I agree that ducking competition is not the way to build your roster. I am not that big of fan of Denney, but I understand why he does not wrestle his young guys in the second meet of the year in the open division. If you look at the other big programs, they do not throw their under 20 guys into the open division either! The UNO meet is one of the toughest in the country to open the season...let them young bloods get a break!The UNK meet is like a JV meet...there you throw them all in and have your team wrestle offs!

GO Cowboys!
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
I'm not going to churn up a lot of MUCK here, but coach Denney and the Mavs have to be doing something right. 3 National Titles in the last four years seems to be pretty darned good no matter what the schedule is or looks like. I guess you need to wait until March before you start second guessing "THE DUKE" Mr. Clone and Mr. Mason!

Later.......
Rookie
I am not disputing the success of UNO. I also am not a big Denney fan, but he is, however, way superior to Manning. But at their own tournament let your starters see how they stack up against top notch competition. Hell, UNK sent their starters into the Elite brackets and they really didn't do all that bad. Just my opinion.

Remember-CLONESRULE!!!
Novice
Did I say that I was second guessing anyone? In fact I was supporting "The Duke" whatever that stands for by saying I would not throw my young guys to the wolves in the beginning of the season. I would only do that if they were Maximus!

Maybe the wizard of the south side and his 3 state titles knows more than I! My guess is that it is your door that is open for four! Of course unless Prep or North close it for you. I suggest that you get your boys ready for The Coliseum and the show down with the Emperor!
State Qualifier
Mason,we all secretly started a new site, and only come over here infrequently to keep the deception going....well,gotta head back!
Rookie
It's the "Skull and Crossbones Society" of Nebraska wrestling. Thank you Sir may I have another!

Remember-CLONESRULE!!!